PDA

View Full Version : Hillary concede and says, "YES WE CAN!" with Obama

ro2dawn
02-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Let's take a closer look at who's really qualified and or who's really working for the good of all of us in the Senate. Obama or Clinton.

Records of these two candidates should be scrutinized in order to make an informed decision.

Senator Clinton, who has served only one full term - 6yrs. - and another year campaigning, has managed to author and pass into law - 20 - twenty pieces of legislation in her first six years.

These bills can be found on the website of the Library of Congress www.thomas.loc.gov <http://www.thomas.loc.gov/> , but to save you trouble, I'll post them here for you.

1. Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.
2. Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month.
3. Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
4. Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall.
5. Name courthouse after James L. Watson.
6. Name post office after Jonn A. O'Shea.
7. Designate Aug 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
8. Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
9. Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death.
10. Congratulate the Syracuse Univ. Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
11. Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
12. Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program.
13. Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.
14. Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death.
15. Honor John J Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty. Only five of Clinton's bills are, more substantive. 16. Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11.
17. Pay for city projects in response to 9/11 18. Assist landmine victims in other countries.
19. Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.
20. Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the wilderness preservation system.

There you have it, the fact's straight from the Senate Record.

Now, I would post those of Obama's, but the list is too substantive, so I'll mainly categorize.
During the first - 8 - eight years of his elected service he sponsored over 820 bills. He introduced
233 regarding healthcare reform,
125 on poverty and public assistance,
112 crime fighting bills,
97 economic bills,
60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,
21 ethics reform bills,
15 gun control,
6 veterans affairs and many others.

His first year in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427. These inculded **the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law, **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law, **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, passed the Senate, **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law, **The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill, In committee, and many more.

In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 bills and co-sponsored another 1096.
An impressive record, for someone who supposedly has no record according to some who would prefer that this comparison not be made public.
He's not just a talker.
He's a doer.

WilhelmWaight
02-20-2008, 06:48 PM
tHIS IS THE REASON WHY HE IS CLEARLY THE WINNER .AND WILL
BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES .AN FOR SURE IT AIN'T GOING TO BE ANOTHER REPUBLICAN.BUSH HAS BURNT THERE TRAIL AND HAS BECOME TO BE THE WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY .HIS TRACK RECORD HAS PROVEN HIM DOING ALL THE BAD THINGS HE HAS WANTED TO DO AND TYSHIT WHERE ARE YOU NOW?I TOLD YOU SO 4YRS AGO RO2DAWN AND A LOT OF US HAS
PUSH DIS YA RASS INNA YOUR FACE .OH!I AM SORRY HE HAD TAUGHT HE CAN HIDE FROM US NOW HE CALL HIMSELF DR.BUZZARD BUZZ DIS BIATCH.HOW YA LIKE DIS NOW?IN YUR FACE .DICK HEAD.

WCW

Dr Buzzard
02-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by WilhelmWaight
tHIS IS THE REASON WHY HE IS CLEARLY THE WINNER .AND WILL
BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES .AN FOR SURE IT AIN'T GOING TO BE ANOTHER REPUBLICAN.BUSH HAS BURNT THERE TRAIL AND HAS BECOME TO BE THE WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY .HIS TRACK RECORD HAS PROVEN HIM DOING ALL THE BAD THINGS HE HAS WANTED TO DO AND TYSHIT WHERE ARE YOU NOW?I TOLD YOU SO 4YRS AGO RO2DAWN AND A LOT OF US HAS
PUSH DIS YA RASS INNA YOUR FACE .OH!I AM SORRY HE HAD TAUGHT HE CAN HIDE FROM US NOW HE CALL HIMSELF DR.BUZZARD BUZZ DIS BIATCH.HOW YA LIKE DIS NOW?IN YUR FACE .DICK HEAD.

WCW

:D You are funny

belizean
02-21-2008, 07:02 AM
When I hear "experience", I hear same old Washington insider who knows all the dirty tricks of politics. The founding fathers didn't have any mandatory experience needed for the job. You just gotta be born here, and over 35.

ro2dawn
02-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dr Buzzard
:D You are funny

Hey Sheep, are you OK? Do you have a fever? Stop drinking that water, wherever you. You are not yourself. I'm worried about you.:D :D :D

Dr Buzzard
02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ro2dawn
Hey Sheep, are you OK? Do you have a fever? Stop drinking that water, wherever you. You are not yourself. I'm worried about you.:D :D :D

Shut up ho!

:D

Actually I was laughing at crackhead WCW 'cause he always so off topic. As to your original post, I would vote for anyone over clintoon, even obama. But OB probably better check his wife 'cause if she keep saying stupid things it's going to look bad on him. She seems like she could be as much of a b1tch in the white house has hillary was.

belizean
02-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Hillary need a knockout punch tonight and she didn't do it. I think she will fight hard to become the VP.

WilhelmWaight
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Dr Buzzard ya think ya can hide you ho .just like ya said to RO2D
YA THINK YA CAN HIDE BIATCH .YOU BETTA CHECK YA SELF YOU JAPANESE HO.ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH SUSHI UP YA MOUTH AT NIGHT BIATCH .POOR LIKABLE HO.DICK HEAD .COME STAT SOMTHING YA CANNNOT TALK POLITICS ABOUT BUSH BECAUSE HE IS AT HIS LOWEST .REMEMBER BIATCH YOU VOTED HIM IN .TO CAUSE ALL THIS YA MESS IN AMERICA .NEXT USE YA HEAD .OH BUT THEN AGAIN THE BOTH OF THEM IS SHELL SHOCK AND DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY IS UPOR DOWN! HA HA HA HA POOR TYSHIT.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
WCW

ro2dawn
02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Shut up ho!

Actually I was laughing at crackhead WCW 'cause he always so off topic. As to your original post, I would vote for anyone over clintoon, even obama. But OB probably better check his wife 'cause if she keep saying stupid things it's going to look bad on him. She seems like she could be as much of a b1tch in the white house has hillary was.

Whew, you're back to normal.:welcome :welcome :drunk

ro2dawn
02-22-2008, 01:29 PM
The Obama is on target to raise $50 million in February - a new meaning to February being "Black History Month"..

Dr Buzzard
02-22-2008, 06:01 PM
The Obama is on target to raise $50 million in February - a new meaning to February being "Black History Month"..

Are you implying Obama is only qualified as "the black canidate?"

zpania
02-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by belizean
Hillary need a knockout punch tonight and she didn't do it. I think she will fight hard to become the VP.

I thought her opening remarks, identifying herself as someone who has a history in Texas, would have done damage and earn her points. But apparently it didn''t. Obama
pushed past that in his own unique way by
giving the people of Texas a different perspective on the race. :beerchug

ro2dawn
02-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Are you implying Obama is only qualified as "the black canidate?"

No, yu dodo, February is Black History Month.

zpania
02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Don't forget to watch the Debate on MSNBC tonight at 9 PM Eastern time.

It promises to be a good one.

Clinton challenged Obama to "Meet her in Ohio" to seriously debate the issues. Kinda reminds me of those after school fights between St. Ignatius and Wesley back in the day. :box

Mosquitorose
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by zpania
I thought her opening remarks, identifying herself as someone who has a history in Texas, would have done damage and earn her points. But apparently it didn''t. Obama
pushed past that in his own unique way by
giving the people of Texas a different perspective on the race. :beerchug

Hilary do have history! Latta teefing in deh too....hahahahahah

belizean
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I watched the debates and lawd Hillary only testy! She complained about the order of the questions and railed up with the moderators. Poor Brian Williams couldn't even handle ah like Tim Russert.

zpania
02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Mosquitorose
Hilary do have history! Latta teefing in deh too....hahahahahah

:D :D :D

zpania
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I watched the debates and lawd Hillary only testy! She complained about the order of the questions and railed up with the moderators. Poor Brian Williams couldn't even handle ah like Tim Russert.

Yeah, what's up with that??? Did she feel it was unfair that she get to go first giving Obama more time to think about his response?

Actually, in the previous debate i felt she had the edge in getting first shot in responding, because she was able to use the opportunity to present her credentials right out the gate.

I agree Williams was too soft compared to Russert. He wasn't afraid to dig out the answers from both candidates. although, I felt he drilled Hillary more.

ro2dawn
02-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Tim Russet opened the door for her to gracefully "regret" her vote for the war. Was this a planted question? She finally admitted to the mistake of voting to authorize the shrub to go to war against I-Rack. I guess the pundits will be talking about that all day tomorrow.

mel sinderman
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
If there's another debate with Obama vs Clinton, it's going to be on the Jerry Springer Show. Her demeanor is quite " unbecoming " for a future Pres of the USA. Obama just stays cool, and has a nice smooth style, whille Hillary looks like she's high on red-bull and No-Doze pills. MS :smoke :D :smoke

zpania
02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Tim Russet opened the door for her to gracefully "regret" her vote for the war. Was this a planted question? She finally admitted to the mistake of voting to authorize the shrub to go to war against I-Rack. I guess the pundits will be talking about that all day tomorrow.

Now,if only we can get a look at those tax returns. I don't expect we will anytime soon.

zpania
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by mel sinderman
If there's another debate with Obama vs Clinton, it's going to be on the Jerry Springer Show. Her demeanor is quite " unbecoming " for a future Pres of the USA. Obama just stays cool, and has a nice smooth style, whille Hillary looks like she's high on red-bull and No-Doze pills. MS :smoke :D :smoke

I agree. Its like he is toying with her, and indirectly pushing all her buttons. :D

Poor Hillary. :rolleyes:

:smoke

ro2dawn
03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
To recover from Tuesday's defeat, the Obama campaign raised $4 million yesterday.

Mosquitorose
03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Hilary dah lone rass....she and her teefing and lying counterpart....she is not white house material.....cho

zpania
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
To recover from Tuesday's defeat, the Obama campaign raised $4 million yesterday.

I think the Clinton camp is boasting a similar gain after Tuesday's result. Looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.

Now she has the advantage. She can play dirty but he can't. Also, i have observed that even when Obama tries to play nice she distorts his response making it out as a negative attack on her.

zpania
03-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Hilary dah lone rass....she and her teefing and lying counterpart....she is not white house material.....cho

Hillary, not White House material? :scared

What in the heavens ? :D

mel sinderman
03-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Mudslinging and dirtypool mon, is not helping the democratic party. The general American public looks at mudslinging as a big, "Turn-off". Seeing that McCain has no Rivals anymore in his own party, he has no sparring partner, so he looks more " Noble " unfortunately. Obama is still only defending himself when he has to, but he really stays away the nonsense petty attacks. ms:smoke :D :smoke

belizean
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
You're right Mel. I di get fed up. Obama's people calling her a "Monster". Her people crying about the press being too hard. What happened to the issues?

But what should we do about Florida and Michigan? Re-vote? And who will pay?

Dr Buzzard
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anybody really want a president that can't wear blue jeans because it makes her rass look big?

zpania
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
You're right Mel. I di get fed up. Obama's people calling her a "Monster".

Um, that was one individual . It was a slip of the tongue and off the record.

Dr Buzzard
03-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Um, that was one individual . It was a slip of the tongue and off the record.

Ah bet you'd slip the tongue and toss her salad!

:drunk

zpania
03-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Ah bet you'd slip the tongue and toss her salad!

:drunk

:D :D :D :D :D

On her Clinton?

For me to go down,down ...

on her pum-pum...

I would need a lotta rum-rum...

and any slip of the tongue,tongue...

along that stretch of her perineum,

a clumsy accident from top to bot- tom

blame it on the rum-rum

yum-yum

Hillary bawl: " ah dih cum,cum!

thing done,done.

Oh-oh! Bill dih come,come.

Gat to run,run . :drive

Too much time on hands,I'm being a clown,clown. :D

Dr Buzzard
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok bradda-man -- that was pretty damn good ha ha ha. i owe ya uno cerveza!

:D :D :D :D :D

On her Clinton?

For me to go down,down ...

on her pum-pum...

I would need a lotta rum-rum...

and any slip of the tongue,tongue...

along that stretch of her perineum,

a clumsy accident from top to bot- tom

blame it on the rum-rum

yum-yum

Hillary bawl: " ah dih cum,cum!

thing done,done.

Oh-oh! Bill dih come,come.

Gat to run,run . :drive

Too much time on hands,I'm being a clown,clown. :D

zpania
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Ok bradda-man -- that was pretty damn good ha ha ha. i owe ya uno cerveza!

I'll hold yu to dat. :beerchug

belizean
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
BONNEY LAKE, Wash. – The political ad that sparked nationwide controversy turns out to have a surprising local connection.

One of the actors in the Hillary Clinton ad was shocked to see herself, especially because she's a fierce supporter of Barack Obama.

The so-called "red-phone ad" was played all over the country and helped turn the tide for Hillary Clinton leading up to her big win in Ohio. The ad shows a sleeping child and asks voters who they would want to see answering a 3 a.m. emergency phone call to the White House.

But the young girl starring in the ad will actually be voting age next month and says she's no fan of Hillary Clinton.

Related Content
Blog: The dangers of stock footage

More in national politics

Primary scorecard

Local politics
Thursday night, the Knowles family of Bonney Lake, Wash., watched the Jon Stewart Show and saw the ad for the first time.

"I looked and saw a girl that looked like my sister and we rewound it and sure enough it was my sister," said Brady Knowles.

The first girl in the ad is young Casey Knowles. It's stock footage from eight years ago when she worked as a TV extra - footage owned now by Getty Images and used by the Clinton campaign.

But they couldn't have picked a more unwilling star.

"It's really sort of ironic that my image would be used to advocate for Hillary when I myself do not," said Casey.

She may only be 17, but Casey has some very strong political opinions. She turns 18 - legal voting age - in April, in plenty of time before the general election.

"It's perfect timing because I have a candidate that I really identify with," she said.

"I've been campaigning for Barack Obama for a few months now," she said. "I was actually a precinct captain at the caucuses a few months ago. I attended his rally a few months ago and I'm a very, very avid supporter."

The Knowles family admit they have no control over how the footage is used. And while they see the humor of it all, they are mildly annoyed.

"I think it would be really wonderful if me and Barack Obama could get together and make a nice counter ad," she laughed.

On Saturday, the Obama campaign released this statement: "The Obama campaign appreciates her support and all of her efforts on behalf of our campaign for change."

Despite all of this, Casey Knowles admits if Clinton wins the party's nomination, she will vote for her.

belizean
03-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Obama wins Wyo. caucuses, 12 delegates

CASPER, Wyo. - Sen. Barack Obama captured the Wyoming Democratic caucuses Saturday, seizing a bit of momentum in the close, hard-fought race with rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton for the party's presidential nomination.

Obama generally has outperformed Clinton in caucuses, which reward organization and voter passion more than do primaries. The Illinois senator has now won 13 caucuses to Clinton's three.

Obama has also shown strength in the Mountain West, winning Idaho, Utah, Colorado and now Wyoming. The two split Nevada, with Clinton winning the popular vote and Obama more delegates.

But Clinton threw some effort into Wyoming, perhaps hoping for an upset that would yield few delegates but considerable buzz and momentum. The New York senator campaigned Friday in Cheyenne and Casper. Former President Clinton and their daughter, Chelsea, also campaigned this week in the sprawling and lightly populated state.

Obama campaigned in Casper and Laramie on Friday, but spent part of his time dealing with the fallout from an aide's harsh words about Clinton and suggestions that Obama wouldn't move as quickly to withdraw U.S. forces from Iraq if elected. In Casper, Obama said Clinton had no standing to challenge his position on the war because she had voted to authorize it in 2002.

Clinton, buoyed by big wins in Ohio and Texas last Tuesday, said she faced an uphill fight in Wyoming. Her campaign also holds out little hope for Tuesday's primary in Mississippi, which has a large black population.

Obama had 59 percent, or 4,459 votes, to Clinton's 40 percent, or 3,081 votes, with 22 of 23 Wyoming counties reporting.

Obama won seven delegates and Clinton won five. In the overall race for the nomination, Obama led 1,578-1,468, according to the latest tally by The Associated Press. It will take 2,025 delegates to win the Democratic nomination.

Obama's campaign credited the candidate's message for the win.

"Especially in the intermountain West, people are hungry for something different, people are hungry for someone who's a uniter, who can bring together a coalition of change," said Gabe Cohen, Obama's state director in Wyoming.

Clinton's campaign took heart in their ability to pick up more delegates.

"We knew that Wyoming was an uphill climb and that Senator Obama was expected to win," said Ben Kobren, a spokesman for Clinton's campaign in Wyoming. "We're glad we were able to bring out our grassroots support and come very close in delegates."

Both candidates were looking ahead to the bigger prize — delegate-rich Pennsylvania on April 22.

From the first caucuses of the day, it became clear the state's Democrats were showing up in large numbers. In 2004, a mere 675 people statewide took part in the caucuses.

In Sweetwater County, more than 500 people crowded into a high school auditorium and another 500 were lined up to get inside.

"I'm worried about where we're going to put them all. But I guess everybody's got the same problem," said Joyce Corcoran, a local party official. "So far we're OK. But man, they keep coming."

Party officials struggled with how to handle the overflow crowds. The start of the Converse County caucus was delayed due to long lines.

In Cheyenne, scores of late arrivers were turned away when party officials stopped allowing people to get in line at 11 a.m. EST. A party worker stood at the end of the line with a sign reading, "End of the line. Caucus rules require the voter registration process to be closed at this time."

State party spokesman Bill Luckett said they were obligated to follow its rules as well as those of the Democratic National Committee regarding caucus procedures.

"Everybody knew the registration began over an hour before the caucus was called to order. We've done everything we could to accommodate people in the long lines," Luckett said.

After initially accepting provisional ballots from about 20 people who remained behind at the caucus site, party officials said they and both campaigns had decided not to count those votes. John Millin, state party chair, said doing so would have been unfair to those who had left after being turned away.

In Casper, home of the state party's headquarters, hundreds were lined up at the site of the Natrona County caucus. The location was a hotel meeting room with a capacity of 500. Some 7,700 registered Democrats live in the county.

"We'll have to put 'em in the grass after a while," said Bob Warburton, a local party official.

About 59,000 registered Democrats are eligible to participate in Wyoming's caucuses.

Only in the last few weeks have the campaigns stepped up their presence in Wyoming, opening offices and calling voters and sending mailers.

Although a win in Wyoming may not persuade many superdelegates, it will be one more prize for the candidates as they make their case for the nomination.

Clinton has hinted recently that if she wins the nomination she would consider sharing the ticket with Obama. But in an interview Friday in Wyoming with KTVQ-TV, a CBS affiliate based in Billings, Mont., Obama shied away from that possibility.

"Well, you know, I think it's premature. You won't see me as a vice presidential candidate — you know, I'm running for president," Obama told the television station. "We have won twice as many states as Senator Clinton, and have a higher popular vote, and I think we can maintain our delegate count.

"What I am really focused on right now, because all that stuff is premature, is winning this nomination and changing the country. I think that's what people here are concerned about."

Dr Buzzard
03-12-2008, 04:42 AM
And now Clintoon's chief fund raising b1tch Gearldine says Barack only get where he is today because he's black? WTF does that mean?

mel sinderman
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
The Doc has a point, what the heck does that mean ? Obama is a African American that's why everyone's under his spell..........Say what ? , this makes no sense . Obama could say the only reason why Hillary is on the ticket right now is because her husband is a former Pres of the USA. If her name was Jane Smith, no one would even care if she was making a run for it. Or he could say, Hillary is a woman, therefore the American voters are under her spell, due to her gender. The whole thing is frieken lame................ms:D :smoke :D

Mosquitorose
03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
And i predict that none of them are going to be present ....ting done.

belizean
03-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Obama denounces pastor's 9/11 comments

WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Friday denounced inflammatory remarks from his pastor, who has railed against the United States and accused the country of bringing on the Sept. 11 attacks by spreading terrorism.

As video of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has widely aired on television and the Internet, Obama responded by posting a blog about his relationship with Wright and his church, Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, on the Huffington Post. Wright brought Obama to Christianity, officiated at his wedding, baptized his daughters and inspired the title of his book, "The Audacity of Hope."

Obama wrote that he's looked to Wright for spiritual advice, not political guidance, and he's been pained and angered to learn of some of his pastor's comments for which he had not been present. Obama told MSNBC that Wright had stepped down from his campaign's African American Religious Leadership Committee.

"I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies," Obama said in his blog posting. "I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Reverend Wright that are at issue."

In a sermon on the Sunday after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, Wright suggested the United States brought on the attacks.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Wright said. "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

In a 2003 sermon, he said blacks should condemn the United States.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

He also gave a sermon in December comparing Obama to Jesus, promoting his candidacy and criticizing his rival Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"Barack knows what it means to be a black man to be living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people," Wright told a cheering congregation. "Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a ******."

Obama told MSNBC that he would not repudiate Wright as a man, describing him as "like an uncle" who says something that he disagrees with and must speak out against. He also said he expects his political opponents will use video of the sermons to attack him as the campaign goes on.

Questions about Obama's religious beliefs have dogged him throughout his candidacy. He's had to fight against false Internet rumors suggesting he's really a Muslim intent on destroying the United States, and now his pastor's words uttered nearly seven years ago have become an issue.

Obama wrote on the Huffington Post that he never heard Wright say any of the statements, but he acknowledged that they have raised legitimate questions about the nature of his relationship with the pastor and the church. He wrote that he joined Wright's church nearly 20 years ago, familiar with the pastor's background as a former Marine and respected biblical scholar who lectured at seminaries across the country.

"Reverend Wright preached the gospel of Jesus, a gospel on which I base my life," he wrote. "And the sermons I heard him preach always related to our obligation to love God and one another, to work on behalf of the poor, and to seek justice at every turn."

He said Wright's controversial statements first came to his attention at the beginning of his presidential campaign last year, and he condemned them. Because of his long and deep ties to the 6,000-member congregation church, Obama said he decided not to leave.

"With Reverend Wright's retirement and the ascension of my new pastor, Rev. Otis Moss, III, Michelle and I look forward to continuing a relationship with a church that has done so much good," he wrote.

Also Friday, the United Church of Christ issued a 1,400-word statement defending Wright and his "flagship" congregation. The statement lauded Wright's church for its community service and work to nurture youth and the pastor for speaking out against homophobia and sexism in the black community.

"It's time for all of us to say no to these attacks and to declare that we will not allow anyone to undermine or destroy the ministries of any of our congregations in order to serve their own narrow political or ideological ends," John H. Thomas, United Church of Christ's president, said in the statement.

Mosquitorose
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Lone rass....

Dr Buzzard
03-14-2008, 10:43 PM
If any person, church or group of peeps talked like the Rev Wright, but inserted "white" everytime he says "black" and vice/versa, he would be called a bigot.

Obama's friend and pastor is a phucking bigot. Obama should completely disavow Wright but he chose not to.

I was really looking for some change and a new choice from the dems

Phuck that racist and sexist shyt they into.

I'm joining CGR for McCain.

belizean
03-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Obama expands delegate lead over Clinton

DES MOINES, Iowa - Democrat Barack Obama expanded his fragile lead in delegates over rival Hillary Rodham Clinton on Saturday, picking up at least seven delegates as Iowa activists took the next step in picking delegates to the national convention.

Half the 14 delegates allocated to John Edwards on the basis of caucus night projections switched Saturday and Obama got most, if not all, of them.

Iowa Democratic Party officials said that with more than 86 percent of the delegates picked, Obama claimed 52 percent of the delegates elected at county conventions on Saturday, compared to 32 percent for Clinton. About 16 percent of the delegates picked at Saturday's conventions were sticking with Edwards, even though he's dropped from the race since Iowa held its caucuses in January.

Democratic Party projections said the results mean Obama increased by seven the number of delegates he collects from the state, getting a total of 23 compared to 14 for Clinton and seven for Edwards, with one to be decided.

Twelve automatic delegates bring the state's total to 57. Obama has been endorsed by four of those and Clinton three, with the remainder uncommitted.

Also Saturday, California's Democratic Party finalized the delegate counts from its Feb. 5 primary. Clinton picked up two more pledged delegates, raising her state total to 204; Obama gained five, raising his figure to 166.

Counting Saturday's new figures from Iowa and California, an Associated Press delegate tally showed Obama with 1,615 delegates and Clinton with 1,498.

Obama won the state's precinct caucuses in January with 39 percent of the vote, with Edwards narrowly edging Clinton to finish second. Projections on caucus night showed Obama getting 16 delegates, compared to 15 for Clinton and 14 for Edwards.

"It means the Obama people are very organized," said Iowa Democratic Chairman Scott Brennan. "They have been working very hard for these conventions."

Brennan said turnout was heavy, with more than 13,000 activists showing up at conventions in the state's 99 counties.

"Today, Iowa Democrats again turned out in large numbers to reject the failed Bush-McCain campaign and its policies," said Brennan.

Edwards finished second in the state's leadoff precinct caucuses on Jan. 3, but those caucuses are only the first step in a complicated process of picking the state's 45 pledged delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Denver in August.

The next step in that process was Saturday with selection of delegates to congressional district and state conventions. Party officials said the results Saturday marked the election of 2,173 of the 2,500 delegates who will go to those convention.

The epic presidential race between Clinton and Obama has been reshaped since Iowa's caucuses, but is no less intense with every delegate carrying weight.

"Every single one counts and that's why we've been here organizing," said Teresa Vilmain, a field organizer for Clinton.

"We've filled all of our slots," said Gordon Fischer, a former Iowa Democratic chairman who is organizing for Obama.

Rob Tully, a Des Moines lawyer and prominent Edwards backer, sent an e-mail to supporters urging them to remain neutral, but there was clear movement to Obama when the results were tallied.

"Barack Obama stands for a lot of the same things that John Edwards stood for," said Ro Foege, a state legislator from Mount Vernon who switched to the Obama camp.

The county conventions are traditionally sleepy gatherings where party leaders have trouble gathering a quorum to conduct business, largely because the party usually has a nominee by this point. With the race still up for grabs, activists jammed school gymnasiums, auditoriums and meeting halls across the state.

Former Gov. Tom Vilsack, a Clinton backer, spoke to more than 1,200 delegates jammed into a suburban high school gym.

"The reality is we are united on one thing today, we are Democrats, we are proud Democrats and we are going to elect a Democratic president," said Vilsack, who dropped his own bid for the nomination even before the voting began. "Let us pledge that we will unite behind our nominee — be it he or she."

belizean
03-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Re: "I'm joining CGR for McCain."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ain't nobody surprised!!! You weren't going to vote for him in the first place. You just needed a little excuse to not vote. Black churches have always been involved in politics and denouncing those who have kept down poor people. This isn't about racism,...it's about the few rich people that suppresses all of us: white, black, yellow, brown, and red.

Dr Buzzard
03-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Re: "I'm joining CGR for McCain."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ain't nobody surprised!!! You weren't going to vote for him in the first place. You just needed a little excuse to not vote. Black churches have always been involved in politics and denouncing those who have kept down poor people. This isn't about racism,...it's about the few rich people that suppresses all of us: white, black, yellow, brown, and red.

You a lyiad *****. U daan know what ah was er won't gonna do. i agree that it shouldn't be about racism, but dat be what the demos turning this into. Ah ain't gonna vote for anybody that ca agree with someone that says "goddamn America." If OB can't disavow anybody like that, we don't need him to be the Commander in Chief.

So shut the hell up you lying ho!:mad:

belizean
03-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Re: "If OB can't disavow anybody like that, we don't need him to be the Commander in Chief."

Do you get your news late or what?

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright is no longer serving on the African American Religious Leadership Committee, campaign sources told CNN.

Obama denounced some of Wright's sermons on Friday, telling CNN's Anderson Cooper: "These are a series of incendiary statements that I can't object to strongly enough."

But you have no problem voting for McCain?

Let's take a look at John McCain, who stated recently he was "proud to have the endorsement of Pastor John Hagee."

Who is Rev. John Hagee? He is the pastor who said that Hurricane Katrina was punishment from God because "New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

Then there is his position that "All Muslims are programmed to kill and we can thus never negotiate with any of them. " (NPR interview with Terry Gross)

Or how about his "slave sale" where he announced that participants should "make plans to come and go home with a slave." (San Antonio Express-News 3/7/96)

Hagee has also come under fire for his anti-Catholic remarks, calling the Catholic Church "the great whore of Babylon".

One of John Hagee's most disturbing beliefs is that The End Times -- Rapture -- is imminent and "the U.S. Government must do what it can to hasten it."

John McCain has said that he does not agree with ALL of Hagee's beliefs. My question is: Which ones does he agree with? And why is the media wasting time talking about Obama's minister when they should be going after McCain to ask this question?

Dr Buzzard
03-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Re: "If OB can't disavow anybody like that, we don't need him to be the Commander in Chief."

Do you get your news late or what?

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright is no longer serving on the African American Religious Leadership Committee, campaign sources told CNN.

Obama denounced some of Wright's sermons on Friday, telling CNN's Anderson Cooper: "These are a series of incendiary statements that I can't object to strongly enough."

But you have no problem voting for McCain?

Let's take a look at John McCain, who stated recently he was "proud to have the endorsement of Pastor John Hagee."

Who is Rev. John Hagee? He is the pastor who said that Hurricane Katrina was punishment from God because "New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

Then there is his position that "All Muslims are programmed to kill and we can thus never negotiate with any of them. " (NPR interview with Terry Gross)

Or how about his "slave sale" where he announced that participants should "make plans to come and go home with a slave." (San Antonio Express-News 3/7/96)

Hagee has also come under fire for his anti-Catholic remarks, calling the Catholic Church "the great whore of Babylon".

One of John Hagee's most disturbing beliefs is that The End Times -- Rapture -- is imminent and "the U.S. Government must do what it can to hasten it."

John McCain has said that he does not agree with ALL of Hagee's beliefs. My question is: Which ones does he agree with? And why is the media wasting time talking about Obama's minister when they should be going after McCain to ask this question?

Why is it wasting time when the media question OB? You a phucking bigot Surfa phuck u

belizean
03-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Why is it wasting time when the media question OB? You a phucking bigot Surfa phuck u

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Answer the damn question! How can you support McCain if you're so against these inflammatory statements? By your reasoning you wouldn't support any of them...and I'd have more respect for your decision, but it's clear you were biased from the start. :raspberry

Mosquitorose
03-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Ah di tell unnu....Obama and Hilary done nix each other out!

belizean
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Traders bet Obama will win US Democratic nomination

- Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton will win several state nominating contests in the coming months but has little chance of becoming the party's candidate for the November 2008 election, traders were betting on Tuesday.

Traders in the Dublin-based Intrade prediction market gave Democratic front-runner Barack Obama an 86 percent chance of being the Democratic presidential nominee, versus a 12.8 percent for Clinton, the New York senator and former first lady.

Results were similar on the Iowa Electronic Markets at the University of Iowa, with traders giving Obama an 82.9 percent chance of winning, versus a 12.8 percent chance for Clinton.

Intrade traders were betting the Democratic nominee would ultimately become president. They gave the Democrat a 59.1 percent chance of winning, versus a 48.8 percent chance for the Republican. Iowa traders gave the Democrat a 57.1 percent chance of winning, versus 46.3 percent for the Republican.

Prediction exchanges let traders buy and sell contracts on the likelihood of future events. Contracts are structured so the prices can be read as a percent likelihood of an event occurring. Studies of prediction markets have shown they have an accuracy comparable to that of public opinion polls.

Expectations that Illinois Sen. Obama would be the Democratic presidential nominee have strengthened from 75 percent a month ago.

During that time Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, has weathered a political storm over controversial statements made by the pastor of his church and has delivered a well-received speech on race in America.

The strong view of Obama's ultimate success came despite expectations that Clinton would win several important state nominating contests in the coming months.

Intrade traders were betting Clinton would win the contest in Pennsylvania on April 22, giving her a 66.1 percent chance, versus 32.8 percent for Obama. They gave her a 79 percent chance of winning the West Virginia contest on May 13, versus 20.5 percent for Obama, and a 70 percent chance of winning in Kentucky on May 20, versus 30.5 percent for Obama.

Traders were betting Obama would win the Indiana contest on May 6. They gave him a 58 percent chance, versus 45 percent for Clinton. Traders gave him an 88 percent chance of winning the May 20 Oregon contest, versus 12 percent for Clinton, and an 82.5 percent chance of winning the June 3 Montana contest, versus 17.5 percent chance for Clinton.

belizean
04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Where did the tables turn?

Hillary Clinton’s loss in Iowa officially allowed Barack Obama into the game.

Where did the Hillary Clinton campaign first go wrong? How did she go from inevitable to in trouble?

I think it all began with the very first contest: Iowa.

Iowa is where Clinton needed to strangle the Barack Obama campaign in its crib.

She needed to do him in at the very beginning, while her inevitability argument still had credibility.

True, some in the Clinton campaign were worried about Iowa. Mike Henry, her deputy campaign manager, wrote a 1,500-word internal memo saying Clinton should skip the state entirely and spend her time and money elsewhere.

Bill Clinton had not run in Iowa in 1992 because Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin was running as a favorite son, so Hillary had no organization to build on. Secondly, Iowa did not seem all that welcoming to women candidates.

“I was shocked when I learned Iowa and Mississippi have never elected a woman governor, senator or member of Congress,” Hillary Clinton told Des Moines Register columnist David Yepsen in October 2007. “There has got to be something at work here.”

And Clinton did have some advantages: Older voters favored her, and Iowa was a state with a lot of older voters. In 2004, voters over the age of 50 represented a whopping 64 percent of those who voted in the caucus.

Further, because it was a caucus state, Clinton was supposed to do well in Iowa. Caucus states stress organization more than primary states do, and she was sure to have the best organization, wasn’t she? (It was not until after Iowa that the Clinton campaign began complaining that caucuses were “undemocratic.”)

Clinton’s campaign strategy in Iowa was a traditional one: Target those voters who had voted in the past — the most reliable kind of voters there are — and then get them to the polls. And some Clinton aides were openly contemptuous of Obama’s attempt to “expand the universe” and bring in younger voters.

Young voters simply don’t vote, they said. They may show up and wave signs at rallies, but they don’t vote. Everybody knew that.

Except in Iowa, in January of this year, they did vote. Younger voters represented 22 percent of the vote in the Iowa caucus— the highest youth turnout in any state so far — and Obama got 57 percent of them to Clinton’s 11 percent. The youth vote, in fact, turned out to be about 30 percent of Obama’s total vote.

At the end of the day, Obama won 38 percent of the delegates at stake, John Edwards got 30 percent, and Clinton fell to earth with a thud, in third place with 29 percent.

I went on “Lou Dobbs Tonight” after Clinton’s loss in Iowa and said: “She is looking into the abyss, and the abyss is looking back.”

Which was a pretty ridiculous thing to say, right? (Jon Stewart thought so, anyway. He ran the clip on “The Daily Show” to prove it, and he tends to be right.) After all, Iowa was only one contest, and the first contest, at that. And Clinton immediately went on to beat Obama in New Hampshire by 2.6 percentage points.

But to my way of thinking, Clinton’s loss in Iowa was a critical one, because she was no longer inevitable. She had let Obama into the game. She had let a candidate with money and a message get off to a running start. She had allowed him to become a credible candidate.

And, as it turned out, her campaign had no real strategy for what to do next. The Clinton campaign had no midgame strategy — what to do after Super Tuesday — because the campaign was sure that after Super Tuesday, Obama would be finished, brushed away like a pesky mosquito.

As it turned out, Obama had both a strategy and the money to execute it. His campaign knew what the race really was about: the acquisition of pledged delegates.

I look forward to the books that will analyze this election — Dan Balz and Haynes Johnson are co-authoring a book for Viking — because they will be able to give it the perspective it deserves.

But for me, for now, Iowa is still the pivotal moment.

“We had a plan, and that plan was always to focus on Iowa,” David Axelrod, Obama’s chief strategist, told me this week. “Iowa was our gateway to the nomination.”

It is important to win early. It is important to win often. And this time, it was important to win first.

Mosquitorose
04-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Always remember my words.....when you do bad, bad will follow you....I have said it before...neither Clinton nor Obama will be President.

.......On the Obama front, His wife did him in a long time ago and continues to do so still. One would think, with a collage degree, she would know better. She is so blinded by her prejudices and racism, that she has lost the ability to be gracious and smart. (thinking before you speak would be good).

She has shown herself to be unfit for the Whitehouse. Just goes to show, You can be educated to nines and still be a blithering Idiot!!!.....

belizean
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Re: She has shown herself to be unfit for the Whitehouse

Atta she nuh di run fi president.

You want botox face Mrs. McCain fi first lady?

The Empress
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
what did she do that was so bad? (Obama's wife)

belizean
04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
She nuh do nothing yer, nuh study Mosquito. Pipple would rather have Bush-III (McCain) in the White House than go for change. Look how the country is F'd up! No jobs, housing in a mess, gas high no rass, food gaan up, china own wi rass, and people want more of the same by going for McCain.

Mosquitorose
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Cho, Belizean....I liked Obama first yer till I heard his wife's maddarass...and then all his maddarass.....and then lying Hilary...well who left now...god help us.....left me lone...ah seh wat ah want ....

belizean
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
:D :D :D :D Yes, seh weh yuh want....free country! Fi how long?

Mosquitorose
04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Bwai, left me lone yer/ :D

belizean
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Clinton misstates wife's Bosnia tale

WASHINGTON - Former President Clinton has added to the falsehoods surrounding his wife's tale of her trip to Bosnia 12 years ago. In Indiana on Thursday, Bill Clinton defended his wife's mistake in claiming that she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia, accusing the media of treating her like "she'd robbed a bank" for confusing the facts.

The New York senator had repeatedly described a harrowing scene in Tuzla, Bosnia, in which she and her daughter, Chelsea, had to run for cover as soon as they landed for a visit in 1996. Video footage of the day instead showed a peaceful reception in which an 8-year-old girl greeted the first lady.

Hillary Clinton has acknowledged that she got the facts wrong in retelling the tale. Bill Clinton's inaccuracies don't involve long-ago memories, but misstatements about how his wife has handled the story.

THE SPIN:

"A lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me," Bill Clinton said in Boonville, Ind. "But there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995.

"Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up," the former president continued. "Let me just tell you. The president of Bosnia and Gen. Wesley Clark — who was there making peace where we'd lost three peacekeepers who had to ride on a dangerous mountain road because it was too dangerous to go the regular, safe way — both defended her because they pointed out that when her plane landed in Bosnia, she had to go up to the bulletproof part of the plane, in the front. Everybody else had to put their flak jackets underneath the seat in case they got shot at. And everywhere they went they were covered by Apache helicopters. So they just abbreviated the arrival ceremony.

"Now I say that because what really has mattered is that even then she was interested in our troops," he said. "And I think she was the first first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt to go into a combat zone. And you would of thought, you know, that she'd robbed a bank the way they all carried on about this. And some of them when they're 60 they'll forget something when they're tired at 11 o'clock at night, too."

THE FACTS:

Bill Clinton has many of the facts wrong.

His wife didn't make the sniper fire claim "one time late at night when she was exhausted." She actually told the story several times, including during prepared remarks on foreign policy delivered the morning of March 17.

It's also not true that she "immediately apologized for it." Clinton has never apologized for the comments and only acknowledged that she "misspoke" a week after the March 17 speech when video of her peaceful tarmac reception emerged.

It's also not true that she was the "first first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt to go into a combat zone" — a claim that Hillary Clinton has also made when talking about the trip. Pat Nixon traveled to Saigon during the Vietnam war and Barbara Bush went to Saudi Arabia two months before the launching of Desert Storm.

The trip also was not in 1995, but 1996.

Clinton campaign spokesman Phil Singer responded to the former president's remarks Friday by saying, "Senator Clinton appreciates her husband standing up for her, but this was her mistake and she takes responsibility for it."

She's also told her husband to quit talking about it.

"Hillary called me and said 'You don't remember this. You weren't there, let me handle it.' I said, 'Yes ma'am,'" Bill Clinton, who was in Indiana campaigning for his wife Friday, told reporters.

___

By Nedra Pickler

cayogial21
04-11-2008, 05:25 PM
obama is a primary example where we still judge people based on color...were labeling him a black man because of the prominent features that he has...skin color.do you forget that the most important woman in obamas life was white. who led an unconventional life for a woman of her time... nothing to do with race but i admire her far more than i do his father. his ambition he got from his father...his philosophy on life from his mother.

those comments were wrong that michelle obama made considering her husband is vying to be the president of the united states.

nonetheless america is what obama needs.

belizean
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
These two di fight like puss and dawg! There'll be no make up and the Dems will lose!

STEELTON, Pa. (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama lashed out Sunday at rival Hillary Rodham Clinton, mocking her vocal support for gun rights and saying her record in the Senate and as first lady belied her stated commitment to working class voters and their concerns.
"She knows better. Shame on her. Shame on her," Obama told an audience at a union hall here.

The Illinois senator has spent three days on the defensive after comments he made at a San Francisco fundraiser were disclosed that suggested working class people are bitter about their economic circumstances and "cling to guns and religion" as a result.

Obama reiterated his regret for his choice of words at the fundraiser but suggested they had been twisted and mischaracterized. He said he'd expected blowback from GOP nominee-in-waiting John McCain, but had been "a little disappointed" to be criticized by Clinton.

Then, laughing along with the union audience, Obama noted that Clinton seemed much more interested in guns since he made his comments than she had in the past.

"She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the Second Amendment. She's talking like she's Annie Oakley," Obama said, invoking the famed female sharpshooter immortalized in the musical "Annie Get Your Gun."

He continued: "Hillary Clinton is out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday. She's packing a six-shooter. Come on, she knows better. That's some politics being played by Hillary Clinton."

Clinton has told campaign audiences that she supports the rights of hunters. Saturday, she reminisced about learning to shoot on family vacations in Scranton, where her father grew up. She's also said she once shot a duck in Arkansas, where she served as first lady.

Clinton, who is trailing Obama in the popular vote and pledged delegates, has pounded Obama since Friday, when audio from his San Francisco appearance was posted on The Huffington Post Web site. She hoped the comments might give her a new opening to court working-class Democrats less than 10 days before the Pennsylvania primary on April 22, which she needs win to keep her campaign going.

At the San Francisco fundraiser, Obama tried to explain his troubles in winning over some working-class voters, saying they have become frustrated with economic conditions: "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Campaigning in Scranton on Sunday, Clinton denounced those remarks yet again as "elitist and divisive" and suggested they would alienate voters in Pennsylvania and other states holding primaries in the coming weeks.

"Senator Obama has not owned up to what he said and taken accountability for it," she told reporters during an informal news conference outside a home. "What people are looking for is an explanation. What does he really believe? How does he see people here in this neighborhood, throughout Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, other places in our country? And I think that's what people are looking for, some explanation, and he has simply not provided one."

belizean
04-15-2008, 01:04 PM
What do y'all think of Obama's "bitter" comment?

I'm bitter as hell! I'm pissed at the economy, high prices, and America going down the tubes.

bemetu
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
me too.....me bitter to rass!!..........me cyaaa afford fi eat out like a use to......me cyaa shop fi clothes and shoes like a use to!!.........me cyaa etk three vacations a year like a use to!!!.....hillary want one bax to rass!!....no wonda bill cheat on her a$$.......she gwaan like a dyam trailor trash!!

belizean
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Rev. Wright said at a funeral that our founding father, Thomas Jefferson is a pedophile. Me never know that....well da true. He slept with his 14 year old slave! I'm sure without her permission! :mad:

Mosquitorose
04-15-2008, 06:12 PM
These two di fight like puss and dawg! There'll be no make up and the Dems will lose!

mply not provided one."

Why yu nuh stap waste time and listen to wen ah di tell yu sinting? Me di tell unnu all along wat gwen happen....

The Empress
04-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mellowman
Reply: I think the Vietnamese may have implanted some bamboo s*hit in his cheeks.

:D :D :D :D

belizean
04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Clinton, Obama won't vow to put loser on ticket as VP

PHILADELPHIA - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama both declined Wednesday night to pledge a spot on their ticket this fall to the loser of their epic battle for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"I think very highly of Senator Clinton's record, but I think it is premature at this point to talk about who the vice presidential candidates will be because we're still trying to determine who the nominee will be," Obama said in the opening moments of a debate six days before the pivotal Pennsylvania primary.

"I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make sure that one of us takes the oath of office next January. I think that has to be the overriding goal," said Clinton.

After nearly a week of increasingly personal criticism, both candidates seemed eager to temper their rhetoric.

Asked whether Obama could defeat likely Republican nominee John McCain in November, Clinton at first sidestepped. Asked a second time, she replied, "Yes, yes, yes."

Asked an identical question, Obama said, "Absolutely and I've said so before" — a not-so-subtle response to frequent claims by Clinton's aides that he could lead the Democrats to defeat in the fall.

Obama has struggled in recent days to overcome the controversy caused by his comments that residents of small towns become bitter because of economic adversity, and "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them" as a result.

He said he was attempting to say that because voters feel ignored by government, "they end up being much more concerned about votes around things like guns where traditions have been passed on from generation to generation. And those are incredibly important to them."

"People don't cling to their traditions on hunting and guns" out of frustration with their government, Clinton said. She added that Obama had a fundamental misunderstanding on the role of religion and faith.

A few minutes later, it was Clinton's turn to explain a mistake when she was asked about her erroneous statement that she had braved sniper fire during a landing in Bosnia as first lady in 1996.

"I may be a lot of things but I am not dumb," she said, adding that she had written in her book that there had been no fire during the event. She apologized for the mistake, saying that she had "said some things that weren't in keeping with what I knew to be the case."

belizean
04-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Hillary Rodham Clinton said emphatically Wednesday night that Barack Obama can win the White House this fall, undercutting her efforts to deny him the nomination by suggesting he would lead the party to defeat.

"Yes, yes, yes," she said when pressed about Obama's electability during a campaign debate six days before the Pennsylvania primary.

SO SHE WAS LYING AGAIN WHEN SHE SAID LAST WEEK HE COULDN'T WIN. BAX AH AGAIN FI MI BEMETU! :bax

cayogial21
04-16-2008, 08:22 PM
but den y seh that she also thinks that she would be a better candidate...pretty much...dah tru weh y deh seh...wah democrat wah win regardless...i don't knwo for some reason i think clinton would have more of a chance winning the presidential election just because of the electorate system...she has been winning most of the big states anyways....mccain nat even dat far right wing...he very much to the left of the far right..

those big states.....idk...memba weh happen in 2000

cayogial21
04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
i may be wrong...at first when clinton said that there was no possibility of her running for president was she not the one who first convinced obama to run??? does anyone remember this or she endorsed him....something of that sort.

belizean
04-17-2008, 01:16 PM
US voters have expressed outrage over the decision to allow Bill Clinton's former press secretary to moderate today's debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

The two Democratic senators went head-to-head in Philadelphia in the run-up to the Pennsylvania primary on April 22.

The debate was moderated by ABC journalists George Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton staffer, and Charles Gibson.

More than 7000 viewers posted comments on the American Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) news website criticising the "biased" and "superficial" questions posed by Stephanopoulos, the network's Washington correspondent.

Stephanopoulos helped run Mr Clinton's 1992 election campaign and acted as his press secretary and advisor on policy and strategy before joining the ABC.

"A very biased debate, both Charlie and George attacked Obama tonight," wrote Admiralboy21.

"George Stephanopoulos was on Bill Clinton's administrative staff at one point, why was he asking the questions. ABC did a TERRIBLE job with the debate!!"

Zorbakrufus wrote: "ABC News has officially lost any semblance of credibility it ever had for me.

"It took the moderators over an hour to ask a single question on policy. They may as well have had britney spears asking the questions. If Stephanopolous and Charles Gibson made up those questions, they should both be fired immediately. You did an absolute disservice to this great country. Shame on you ABC News."

During the debare, Senator Clinton rebuked Senator Obama over his fiery former pastor and his attitude to working Americans.

Senator Obama, however, said he was confident the American people would see through what he billed as trivial political attacks.

Senator Clinton was desperate to change the campaign narrative, as fresh poll numbers clouded her long-shot comeback hopes, and delved into Senator Obama's background to warn of the scope of Republican attacks against him.

She said he should have left his Chicago church in protest at the incendiary sentiments of Pastor Jeremiah Wright, particularly those about the September 11 attacks in 2001, which caused a storm recently when aired online.

"I have to say that for Pastor Wright to have given his first sermon after 9/11 and to have blamed the United States for the attack which happened in my city of New York would have been just intolerable for me,'' Senator Clinton said.

"Therefore I would have not been able to stay in the church.''

Both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama attempted to score big political points under the veneer of politeness, but both betrayed signs of fatigue after a campaign which has lasted more than a year.

The New York senator also skewered her rival over his comment in a fundraiser last week that some smalltown Americans clung to religion and guns because they were "bitter'' about their economic circumstances.

She pointedly brought up her grandfather and father who lived in Pennsylvania, saying she didn't believe they clung "to religion when Washington is not listening to them''.

"I similarly don't think that people cling to their traditions, like hunting and guns, either, when they are frustrated with the Government.

"I just don't believe that's how people live their lives.''

Senator Obama said he had "mangled'' his words, but said there was a deep frustration among Americans with their economic plight and their political leaders.

"Yes, people are frustrated and angry about it, but what we're seeing in this election is the opportunity to break through that frustration,'' Senator Obama said.

He took aim at Senator Clinton's contention that she could better bear Republican assaults after years in the partisan cross-fire.

"In a general election, we know there are going to be all kinds of attacks launched,'' he said.

"What the American people want are not distractions,'' he said.

"They want to figure out, how are we actually going to deliver on health care; how are we going to deliver better jobs for people; how are we going to improve their incomes.''

Both candidates said their rival could beat Republican John McCain in November.

Asked if Senator Obama was electable as president, the former first lady said: "Yes, yes, yes.

"Now, I think I can do a better job. That's why I'm here,'' she added to laughs.

Senator Obama likewise said "absolutely'' on the question of whether Senator Clinton was electable against Senator McCain, and also said: "But I too think I'm the better candidate.''

The former first lady was under intense pressure to change the complexion of her battle with Senator Obama ahead of the Pennsylvania primary.

Senator Clinton has attacked Senator Obama for days over his "bitter'' comment, but latest opinion surveys suggested he had escaped serious immediate damage.

Polls show Senator Clinton has stalled Senator Obama's attempt to catch her in Pennsylvania, but her lead of around six points did not suggest the kind of blowout win she needs to sow doubts about Senator Obama's presidential viability in the minds of top party leaders.

Senator Clinton trails Senator Obama in nominating contests won, elected delegates and the popular vote.

Her only chance now is to convince nearly 800 Democratic grandees called superdelegates that Senator Obama cannot win November's general election against Republican John McCain.

There was more grim news for Senator Clinton in a Washington Post/ABC News poll that gave Senator Obama a 10-point lead when Democrats nationwide were asked who they would like to see go up against Senator McCain.

Senator Obama was up two-to-one among Democrats asked who was most electable in a general election, undermining Senator Clinton's quest for the hearts of the superdelegates.

with AFP

Mosquitorose
04-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Hilary is a effing hippocrite and talk out of the side of her mouth....she done lose....unnu wah get Mccain like it or not....

belizean
04-18-2008, 08:04 AM
AP-Yahoo Poll: Obama overtaking Clinton despite bruises

WASHINGTON - Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton are both sustaining dents and dings from their lengthy presidential fight. The former first lady is clearly suffering more as Democratic voters no longer see her as the party's strongest contender for the White House.

Voters of all types have gotten a better sense of Obama, who was an obscure Illinois legislator just four years ago. As more people moved from the "I don't know him" category in an AP-Yahoo News poll, more rated Obama as inexperienced, unethical and dishonest. And 15 percent erroneously think he's a Muslim, thanks in part to disinformation widely spread on the Internet.

But Obama's positive ratings have climbed as well, while Clinton — widely known since the early 1990s — has been less able to change people's views of her. And when those views have shifted, it has hurt her more than helped.

The New York senator's ratings for being honest, likable, ethical and refreshing have fallen since January, and Obama scores higher than she does in all those categories.

In a dramatic reversal, the AP-Yahoo News poll found that a clear majority of Democratic voters now say Obama has the better chance of defeating Republican Sen. John McCain in November.

In late January, before Obama scored 11 straight primary and caucus victories, 56 percent of Democrats saw Clinton as the stronger nominee, compared with 33 percent for Obama. Now, Obama leads on that question, 56 percent to 43 percent.

Still, the poll, conducted by Knowledge Networks, contains some worrisome signs for the first-term senator. Those rating him as "not at all honest," for example, jumped from 18 percent last fall to 27 percent in April. It came as he was put on the defensive over incendiary comments by his former pastor. But many holding such views are Republicans or conservative independents who would be unlikely to vote in a Democratic primary or support a Democrat in the fall anyway.

The most encouraging sign for Obama is that many Democrats who previously saw Clinton as their party's best hope now give him that role. About one-third of them still prefer Clinton, but they have lost confidence in her electability.

"I would love to vote for Hillary," said Nancy Costello of Bellevue, Ky., one of the more than 1,800 randomly selected adults whose opinions are rechecked every few months in the AP-Yahoo News poll. "I'm 67, and I'll probably never get another chance to vote for a woman."

But Obama now appears to be the stronger candidate, she said, and electing a Democrat in November is paramount. If McCain wins and continues many of President Bush's economic and foreign policies, Costello said, "I think I would just sit down and cry."

By tracking the same group throughout the campaign, the AP-Yahoo News poll can gauge how individual views change. It suggests that Clinton has paid a price for hammering Obama since early February on several issues as she tries to overcome his lead in delegates and the popular vote. Among those Democrats who no longer consider her the more electable of the two, most now see her as less likable, decisive, strong, honest, experienced and ethical than they did in January.

Meanwhile, those same voters are more likely to see Obama as strong, honest and refreshing than before.

Beulah Barton of Leesburg, Fla., said she initially backed Clinton, partly because she liked Bill Clinton's record as president.

"But the more I hear her talk, and the more I hear him talk, the more put off I am," said Barton, 69. "I think she's brash, I think she's rude. I get the feeling that she feels she deserves to be president" and doesn't need "to earn it."

Barton said she likes Obama, and ignores e-mails suggesting that he refuses to salute the flag or is somehow threatening "because of his name."

"People try to make him look like a traitor," she said. "I think he has risen above most of that stuff."

Some misinformation sticks, however. The great majority of the poll's participants said this month they did not know the religious affiliation of Clinton (a Methodist) or Obama (United Church of Christ). But 15 percent ventured that Obama, whose father was Kenyan, is a Muslim.

That group includes more Democrats than Republicans, and it doesn't necessarily worry them.

Randi Estes, a Democrat from Ada, Okla., said she prefers Clinton but feels Obama is likely to win the nomination. "He's gotten very strong media coverage, and Bill Clinton's not helping her a bit," said Estes, 36, who has four children under the age of 6.

Speaking of Obama, she said, "I have a sense he's a Muslim."

If Obama wins the nomination, the poll indicates he will need to mend his image a bit as he battles McCain for independents and soft Republicans. His favorability rating among all voters has declined, with those ranking him as "very unfavorable" growing from 17 percent in January to 25 percent in April. Most of them are Republicans and independents.

In January, 30 percent of Republicans rated Obama very unfavorably. That grew to 43 percent in April. Among the coveted independents, 12 percent had a very unfavorable view of Obama in January. That has nearly doubled to 23 percent.

Obama would be the first black president, and the survey detected some evidence of racial discomfort in voters' minds. It found that about 8 percent of whites would be uncomfortable voting for a black for president. It produced an estimate of about 13 percent of Republicans who would feel that way, but suggested very few if any Democrats would now be uncomfortable. In November, about 5 percent of Democrats indicated discomfort at voting for a black person for president.

For Allen Lovell, a moderate Democrat in Everett, Wash., race is unimportant, but replacing Bush with a Democrat is vital. And lately he has concluded that Obama probably has the better chance of beating McCain.

"I am leaning towards him, not because he's black — because I'm white — but because we definitely need a change," said Lovell, 50.

He said the Democratic campaign has lasted too long, but there is one topic he'd like to hear more about. Lovell, who guessed that Obama is "either Christian or Muslim," said: "I don't think we're getting enough information on religion" from the candidates.

The survey of 1,844 adults was conducted April 2-14 and had an overall margin of sampling error of plus or minus 2.3 percentage points. Included were interviews with 863 Democrats, for whom the margin of sampling error was plus or minus 3.3 points, and 668 Republicans, with a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.8 points.

The poll was conducted over the Internet by Knowledge Networks. It initially contacted people using traditional telephone polling methods, and followed with online interviews. People chosen for the study who had no Internet access were given it for free.

Belizeans.com
04-19-2008, 09:01 AM
Obama greeted by largest crowd of his campaign

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/thumbnails//Obama_2008.sff_PAMR114_20080418211042.jpg

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Barack Obama was greeted by the largest crowd of his campaign Friday night in Philadelphia. Some 35,000 people jammed into Independence Park to see the Democratic presidential candidate, four days before this state's crucial April 22 primary.

Frank Friel, director of security at the Independence Visitor Center, made the official estimate.

The crowd exceed the 30,000 who greeted Obama and Oprah Winfrey in December in Columbia, S.C.

Obama told the crowd the United States is at a crucial moment in its history, much like what the founding fathers faced in Philadelphia.

"It was over 200 years ago that a group of patriots gathered in this city to do something that no one in the world believed they could do," Obama said. "After years of a government that didn't listen to them, or speak for them, or represent their hopes and their dreams, a few humble colonists came to Philadelphia to declare their independence from the tyranny of the British throne."

The Illinois senator called Democratic rival Hillary Rodham Clinton a "tenacious" opponent but said it was time to move beyond the politics of the 1990s.

"Her message comes down to this: We can't really change the say-anything, do-anything, special interest-driven game in Washington, so we might as well choose a candidate who really knows how to play it," Obama said.

cayogial21
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
i cya believe some people wah based deh vote fan such meaningless circumstances
like hillary being a woman, or her misstatement regarding bosnia, obama being black and mccain being a prisoner of war. the thing that mek a laugh dat the fact dat some people actually think that thata the reason why he have the most experience fih deal with the war.

belizean
04-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Hillary Rodham Clinton survived yet another day.

There will be little time for celebration, though. Time and money are running out.

Her win Tuesday in the large and important swing state of Pennsylvania was hard-fought. Barack Obama's well-funded effort to shut her down did not reach its ultimate goal of a surprise upset.

But Clinton now faces a dwindling number of contests, and she's at a steep financial disadvantage.

Obama already is spending twice as much on ads airing in North Carolina and Indiana, the two states that come up next with primaries on May 6. He's even advertising in Oregon, a state that he should win, where voting by mail begins in the first week of May.

He can afford to shower every contest with campaign dollars from the $42 million he had at the beginning of April, while Clinton is in debt. She'll have to either persuade donors to give her more money to sustain her long-shot bid or float herself another multimillion- dollar loan.

In Pennsylvania, Clinton won with the support of whites, women and older voters, according to exit polls conducted for The Associated Press and the television networks.

Underscoring the race's excitement, more than one in 10 voters Tuesday had registered with the state's Democratic party since the beginning of the year. And about six in 10 of them were voting for Obama.

Some voters had a hard time making up their minds. About a quarter of the day's voters reported having made their minds up within the past week, and about six in 10 of them backed Clinton.

Of the states left, the biggest prize is North Carolina, a state that both sides are predicting Obama will win. Clinton dispatched one of her top state organizers, California and Texas veteran Ace Smith, to North Carolina in an effort to get every vote she can. Smith told reporters last week that getting the percentage spread within single digits would be a victory for Clinton. Obama's also expected to win Oregon and South Dakota.

So where can she look for victory? West Virginia and Kentucky are likely Clinton wins, but they offer less than 100 delegates combined. She also has a chance in Guam, Puerto Rico, Montana and Indiana. But none of them are likely to give her a big enough margin to put her over Obama.

To win, she needs to convince voters that Obama is not electable in November even though he's ahead in the delegate race.

She needs a big influx of cash.

She needs a shocking change of fortune.

cayogial21
04-22-2008, 08:55 PM
i done deh change my mind bout obama...we cya survive fan just lone hope & change...i need a plan. a plan a, plan b, plan c, plan d. i like him but i haven't really heard him say what he will do...this is the race for the president of the U.S you cya seh we'll see when we get there. at least wah idea...noh

belizean
04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
LOL....none of the three have any ideas. That's because the President really don't have much power. McCain will continue Bush's agenda. Hillary won't get the republicans to do squat. Barrack have a better chance to work with the republicans, but like I said the President doesn't have much power anymore.

cayogial21
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
thank god fih check & balance

belizean
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Obama: Hillary Barely Made a Dent

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign issued an e-letter to supporters Wednesday downplaying Hillary Clinton's win in Pa.

The letter, sent by campaign manager David Plouffe, follows:

Friend —

Last night, Senator Clinton used up her last, best chance to cut appreciably into Barack Obama's elected delegate lead.

She came up short.

In fact, she barely made a dent. At most, she picked up a net gain of 12 delegates -- less than our gain, for example, in Colorado (where we gained 17) or Kansas (where we gained 14). Her gain in Pennsylvania was less than half of our gain in Virginia, where we added to our lead by 25 delegates.

But there is one measure by which her campaign's gains are real.

The Clinton campaign claims they've raised $3.5 million dollars since the polls closed yesterday.

We can't afford to let that go unanswered.

Grassroots support from people like you has the Democratic nomination in our sights.

Here's how it breaks out:

After Pennsylvania, we have a lead of at least 159 elected delegates earned through all of the primaries and caucuses so far. We have a total of at least 1493 pledged delegates.

Meanwhile, we've been rapidly gaining ground among the so-called superdelegates (elected leaders and party officials who get a vote to choose our nominee), cutting Senator Clinton's lead from more than 100 early this year to less than 25. We have a total of 238 publicly committed superdelegates.

The total number of delegates needed to secure the nomination is 2,024. That means we are only 293 delegates away from securing the nomination.

In less than two weeks, we'll square off in the key battleground states of North Carolina and Indiana, when there will be as many delegates at stake as there were last night in Pennsylvania.

To grow our significant lead and close out this race, we must remain competitive in these contests and the 7 others that will follow.

Barack needs your support right now to finish this contest.

Pennsylvania was considered a state tailor-made for Senator Clinton -- she was always expected to win, and we trailed by as much as 25 points in the weeks leading up to the election.

But thanks to people like you, Barack gained support among key voters in the face of long odds and unrelenting negativity from Senator Clinton, and kept the margin close enough that her delegate gain was insignificant.

belizean
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
WASHINGTON - “Scurrilous” and “disingenuous” were among the words a top Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives used on Thursday to describe Hillary Clinton’s campaign tactics in her bid to defeat Barack Obama for their party’s presidential nomination.

House Democratic Whip James Clyburn, of South Carolina and the highest ranking black in Congress, also said he has heard speculation that Clinton is staying in the race only to try to derail Obama and pave the way for her to make another White House run in 2012.

“I heard something, the first time yesterday (in South Carolina), and I heard it on the (House) floor today, which is telling me there are African Americans who have reached the decision that the Clintons know that she can’t win this. But they’re hell-bound to make it impossible for Obama to win” in November, Clyburn told Reuters in an interview.

Obama holds a sizable lead in delegates won in state-nominating contests which could be hard for her to overcome.

The purported theory is that an Obama defeat in November against Republican presidential candidate John McCain would let Clinton make another presidential bid in four years, Clyburn said.

Clyburn has not yet declared whether he supports Clinton or Obama. But in January, he raised his concerns about the heated exchanges between the two campaigns before the South Carolina primary.

On Thursday, Clyburn took Clinton and surrogates to task, complaining that they want the popular votes in Michigan and Florida counted, even though both states violated party rules for the early scheduling of their nominating contests.

“I think it’s so disingenuous … (adviser James) Carville and Sen. Clinton were all on TV. I’ve seen them two or three times this week, talking about counting Florida and Michigan.”

Obama did not campaign in those states because the Democratic Party said Florida and Michigan wouldn’t be included in the formal tally for the nomination. “Her name was the only one on the ticket in Michigan and still 42, 43 percent of the vote was against her,” Clyburn said.

Still, Clyburn said “I don’t think she ought to drop out.”

But he added, “There’s a difference between dropping out and raising all this extraneous scurrilous stuff about the guy (Obama). Just run your campaign … you don’t have to drop out to be respectful of other people.”

The Empress
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
:thinking

cayogial21
04-24-2008, 09:27 PM
FOX is the worst channel you can ever watch on television. Bunch of biased republicans.

mel sinderman
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Penn. was her last victory. From here on, Obama will mop up the rest of the map, with delegate points. Hillary is praying for those super-delegate votes, but no one wants to back up a loser, you can end up with egg on your face. When Obama faces against McCain, the national debates will be aired. Wow, who's going to look better ? Obama is a great speaker, and he has a cool logical style. McCain seems to be mad all the time, and he wants to stay on the same SOS plans like Bush. it's all American politics , ms:smoke :D :smoke

Belizeans.com
04-28-2008, 06:57 AM
On the Thursday before the Pennsylvania primary, Bill Clinton spoke to a crowd of college students at a gymnasium in Lock Haven. The event was typical of the stops—forty-seven of them—that the former President had made in the state during the seven weeks leading up to the vote. Lock Haven is a small town (pop. 9,000), hours away from Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, and the crowd was modest (half the gym’s floor space was empty). Within the campaign, Clinton’s enthusiasm for rustling votes in these remote corners was a source of amusement. When I asked what he was doing on Election Day, a Clinton campaign adviser said, “I think he’s leading a caravan of Wal-Mart greeters to the polls.”

On the stump, the former President dispensed idiosyncratic political analysis. “One of the reasons that she won Ohio that nobody wrote about,” he said, without explanation, “is that Ohio has a plant that produces the largest number of solar reflectors in America.” He offered commentary about his wife’s earlier limitations as a candidate: “I think Hillary’s become a much better speaker.” But, most of all, Bill Clinton talked about Bill Clinton:

The headquarters of my foundation is in Harlem. . . . My Presidential library and school of public service are in Arkansas. . . . I try to save this generation of children from the epidemic of childhood obesity. . . . I am working on rebuilding the Katrina area in New Orleans. . . . I have major global-warming projects in cities all around America. . . . Most of the time I am out in America on the streets. . . . I once gave a speech to a million people in Ghana.

When Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign was launched, in January, 2007, her supporters feared that Bill would overshadow her, as he had when they both spoke at the funeral of Coretta Scott King, a year earlier. Now the constant fear is that he will embarrass her. When he makes news, it is rarely a good day for his spouse. Whether he was publicly comparing Barack Obama’s primary victory in South Carolina to Jesse Jackson’s campaigns in the eighties or privately, and apoplectically, complaining that Bill Richardson broke his word by endorsing Obama, every story has seemed to reinforce an image of Clinton as a sort of ill-tempered coot driven a little mad by Obama’s success. “I think this campaign has enraged him,” the adviser told me. “He doesn’t like Obama.” In private conversations, he has been dismissive of his wife’s rival. James Clyburn, an African-American congressman from South Carolina, told me that Clinton called him in the middle of the night after Obama won that state’s primary and raged at him for fifty minutes. “It’s pretty widespread now that African-Americans have lost a whole lot of respect for Bill Clinton,” Clyburn said.

But, as Clinton campaigned in Pennsylvania, he was rarely the cartoon politician portrayed in the press. He still connects better with voters than his wife or Obama. “Hillary is in this race today because of people like you,” he told one white working-class audience. “She’s in it for you and she’s in it because of you. People like you have voted for her in every single state in the country.” People like you. The phrase hung in the air and the room quieted. Clinton didn’t say what the people who voted for Obama were like, but the suggestion was that they were somehow different.

from the issuecartoon banke-mail thisWhile Obama downplays wonkiness and Hillary presents her plans as tedious laundry lists, Bill makes connections and translates abstractions into folksy humor. To underscore the relationship between America’s budget deficit, paid for by loans from countries like China, and lax enforcement of the trade violations of those countries, he asked voters to imagine barging into the local bank president’s office and smacking him. “Say, ‘I can’t take it anymore!’ Bam!” he told the Lock Haven audience as he pantomimed a punch and then paused for comic effect. “Do you think you could get a loan tomorrow afternoon?” People laughed and shook their heads.

Clinton is angry that this side of him has been nearly absent from the coverage. “You don’t ever read about this stuff! This is never part of the political debate!” he said at one event. “But this is what matters.” Adjusting to the modern, gaffe-centric media environment has been wrenching. At most of his Pennsylvania stops, the national press was represented mainly by a pair of young TV-network “embeds,” whom Clinton regards not as reporters but as media jackals who record his every utterance yet broadcast only his outbursts, a phenomenon that has helped transform him into a YouTube curiosity and diminished him—perhaps permanently. “It’s like he’s been plucked out of time and thrown into the middle of this entirely new kind of campaign,” the adviser told me. Jay Carson, a senior Clinton campaign official and Bill’s former spokesman, said, “Because of the way he is covered, the only thing anyone ever sees is fifteen seconds that is deemed by the pundits to be off message.”

The focus on Clintonian error has obscured a serious debate that Obama and the former President tried to have. Obama has been arguing that the country’s economic troubles are as much Clinton’s fault as Bush’s—he blames Clinton-era deregulation of the telecommunications and banking industries—and he implicitly accuses Bill Clinton of surrendering to special interests. “The problems we face go beyond any single Administration,” Obama told one labor audience. “For far too long, through both Democratic and Republican Administrations, the system has been rigged against everyday Americans by the lobbyists that Wall Street uses to get its way.” In much quoted remarks to a private group in San Francisco, Obama said that some Pennsylvanians were “bitter” and would “cling” to guns and religion, because jobs “fell through the Clinton Administration and the Bush Administration.”

That is what offended Bill Clinton. “Hillary’s opponent, in his entire campaign, every two or three weeks has said for months and months and months, beginning in Nevada, that really there wasn’t much difference in how America did when I was President and how America’s done under President Bush,” he said in Lock Haven. “Now, if you believe that, you should probably vote for him, but you get a very bad grade in history.” In the closing days of the campaign, Obama gave at least three speeches criticizing the former President, who, ever vigilant of his legacy, defended himself at every stop. Few paid attention; Barack and Bill were like two boxers trying to have a fight but both getting pelted by a mysterious third force—the saturation gaffe coverage.

The day before the primary, Bill Clinton lost his temper with a radio host who asked about the Jesse Jackson comments. Clinton went on a three-minute rant in which he posited the mysterious theory that Obama had played the race card against him. Then, not realizing that he was still on the air, he could be heard saying, “I don’t think I should take any **** from anybody on that, do you?” The clip was an Internet sensation. You can hear the whole thing in the Bill Clinton archive at YouTube. It’s already been listened to about three hundred thousand times. ♦

belizean
05-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Obama inching closer to Democratic presidential nomination By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - On the rebound, Barack Obama left Hillary Rodham Clinton with fast-dwindling chances to deny him the Democratic presidential nomination after beating her in North Carolina and falling just short in an Indiana cliffhanger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Obama was on track to climb within 200 delegates of attaining the prize, his campaign finally steadying after missteps fiercely exploited by the never-say-die Clinton.

His campaign dropped broad hints it was time for the 270 remaining unaligned party figures known as superdelegates to get off the fence and settle the nomination.

It was in that arena — even more than in the scattered primaries left — that the Democratic hyperdrama was bound to play out.

"You know, there are those who were saying that North Carolina would be a game-changer in this election," Obama told a roaring crowd in Raleigh, N.C., on Tuesday night, referring to Clinton's hope that an upset there would recast the race in her favor.

"But today what North Carolina decided is that the only game that needs changing is the one in Washington, D.C."

Clinton vowed to compete tenaciously for West Virginia next week and Kentucky and Oregon after that, and to press "full speed on to the White House."

But she risked running on fumes without an infusion of cash, and made a direct fundraising pitch from the stage in Indianapolis. "I need your help to continue our journey," she said.

And she pledged anew that she would support the Democratic nominee "no matter what happens," a vow also made by her competitor.

In an overnight e-mail appeal for donations, Obama said: "We have a clear path to victory."

But even as Obama took the day off Wednesday to be with his family in Chicago, Clinton showed no public signs of easing her pace. The campaign added a noon Wednesday appearance in Shepherdstown, W. Va., to her schedule. On Thursday, she planned to campaign in West Virginia, South Dakota and Oregon.

Polarizing, protracted and often bitter, the contest is hardening divisions in the party, according to exit polls from the two states.

A solid majority of each candidate's supporters said they would not be satisfied if the other candidate wins the nomination.

Fully one-third of Clinton's supporters in Indiana and North Carolina went beyond mere dissatisfaction to say they would vote for Republican John McCain instead of Obama if that's the choice in the fall.

Mosquitorose
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Back and forth...and latta maddarass....ah done tell unnu....neither one will be president!

Another Belizean
05-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't do politics and I agree with you MR. I'm so sick of the lies and games.

Mosquitorose
05-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Girl, dem done tell me how deh wah run the country....small minded and stupid for all their education...they are as ingnorant as Musa......

Another Belizean
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
To be honest, I just can't picture either one as president. Just my 6 cents.

belizean
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Another Belizean
To be honest, I just can't picture either one as president. Just my 6 cents.

GYAL, stop yuh rass! It's been a long time coming, change is gonna come!

Another Belizean
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah, ok. I'm the only one that feels that way.

I said "I can't picture them........". I just can't. I guess........ it's good you can see it.

The Empress
05-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Well I've been looking for reasons NOT to vote for Obama, but I can honestly say, that I haven't found any major reasons yet. Once the democrats pick their nominee I'll do more research and compare. I like McCain when he ran previously but ........who knows?

Another Belizean
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not on any side. I'm just speaking my mind. That's all.

Dr Buzzard
05-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by The Empress
Well I've been looking for reasons NOT to vote for Obama, but I can honestly say, that I haven't found any major reasons yet. Once the democrats pick their nominee I'll do more research and compare. I like McCain when he ran previously but ........who knows?

I can't vote for an anti-gun fanatic whose wife hates America and he also wants to raise taxes. I can't stand hillarious clinton. I am forced to go with McCain.

belizean
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/tma.jpg

The Empress
05-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I can't vote for an anti-gun fanatic whose wife hates America and he also wants to raise taxes. I can't stand hillarious clinton. I am forced to go with McCain.

stating that his wife hates Americans is a bit exagggerating, you sound like those people on the news message boards that spout those ignorant messages. You must think that he is a muslim as well.
So other than raising taxes how else do you or McCain think we can get out of deficit? Especially if McCain is going to keep this war going? I'm not being facetious just want to know your viewpoint.

sikko
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
gimme hillary anytime..at least i have an idea of wat im gona get....with them other two smellas..im juss not sure..life for mee was the best under the clinton years...plus i like a woman dat can get down dirty and mean when she needs to...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mosquitorose
05-08-2008, 01:52 PM
GYAL, stop yuh rass! It's been a long time coming, change is gonna come!

Please tell me what kind of change is going to come? The change may not be what you think OH!

belizean
05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Please tell me what kind of change is going to come? The change may not be what you think OH!

What kinda change? The opposite of what Bush did. :raspberry

Dr Buzzard
05-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Dems can't win. Hey Mellow, you ready to send my $? Want to make another bet on the national election?

Belizeans.com
05-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Obama rises from political obscurity to verge of history

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080510/capt.823d2483e6f0401ba3e5a0ccfa653f96.obama_2008_o regon_orrg103.jpg

WASHINGTON - The amazement was on their faces. Hundreds waited for Barack Obama on that evening in South Carolina, 15 weeks ago, to claim victory — a surprising victory, surprisingly large.

And amazing it was. It made it possible for him to stand today on the verge of being the first black person ever nominated for president by a major party.

One could guess the thoughts of the blacks and whites in that crowd: Can you believe that our state — South Carolina, first to secede and first to open fire in the Civil War — is now catapulting a black man to the front of the presidential contest in a year that bodes well for Democrats?

"Race doesn't matter," some began to chant. "Race doesn't matter!"

The cry soon gave way to more familiar chants of "Yes we can," and everyone in the auditorium surely knew that race does still matter in so many ways. But in a pinch-me moment, they seemed to realize that a barrier had been broken with a swiftness and certainty that even they had not foreseen.

Even more astounding, the man vaulting ahead of the universally known former first lady, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, had been a state legislator only four years earlier — a lawyer with no fame, wealth or family connections.

Now, the entire nation and countless foreigners are absorbing a moment that had seemed decades away, if possible at all. Smart strategists and rank-and-file voters ponder how Obama rose so far so fast, and theories abound. Historians will sort it out someday, but Obama's blend of oratory, biography, optimism and cool confidence come to mind most immediately.

It's not just about him, of course. If America can seriously think of putting a black man in the White House, surely it must also profoundly rethink the relevance of race, the power of prejudice, the logic of affirmative action and other societal forces that have evolved slowly through the eras of Jim Crow, desegregation and massive immigration.

Maybe the toughest question is this:

Is Obama, with his incandescent smile and silky oratory, a once-in-a-century phenomenon who will blast open doors only to see them quickly close on less extraordinary blacks?

Or is he the lucky and well-timed beneficiary of racial dynamics that have changed faster than most people realized, a trend that presumably will soon yield more black governors, senators, mayors and council members?

Presidential campaigns have destroyed many bright and capable politicians. But there's ample evidence that Obama is something special, a man who makes difficult tasks look easy, who seems to touch millions of diverse people with a message of hope that somehow doesn't sound Pollyannaish.

Rep. Elijah Cummings, a black Maryland Democrat who endorsed Obama early, says the Illinois senator convinces people of all races that Americans as a society, and as individuals, can achieve higher goals if they try.

"He says we can do better, and his life is the epitome of doing better," says Cummings, noting that Obama was raised by a single mother who sometimes relied on food stamps. "He convinces people that there's a lot of good within them."

And why should they believe such feel-good platitudes? "Because he's real and he has confidence in his own competence," Cummings says.

Without question, Obama is an electrifying speaker. At virtually every key juncture in his trajectory, he has used inspirational oratory to generate excitement, buy time to deal with crises, and force party activists to rethink their assumptions that a black man with an African name cannot seriously vie for the presidency.

A prime-time speech at the Democratic convention in Boston catapulted him to national attention in 2004. When his presidential campaign badly trailed Clinton's high-flying operation, he gave it new life with a timely Iowa speech that outshone her remarks moments earlier on the same stage. And a heavily covered March 18 speech about race relations calmed criticisms about his ties to his former pastor, although Obama had to revisit the matter when the minister restated incendiary remarks about the government.

Obama has a compelling biography, too. The son of a black African father he barely knew, and a white Kansan mother who took him from Hawaii to Indonesia, he was largely raised by his white maternal grandparents. He finished near the top of his Harvard law class, then rejected big firms' salaries to work as a community organizer in Southside Chicago, where he found a church, his wife and a place that felt like home.

But all those attributes don't explain the Obama phenomenon.

Other great orators have fallen short of the presidency, including Daniel Webster and William Jennings Bryan.

Plenty of brilliant people have tried and failed, too. Bill Bradley was a Princeton graduate, basketball star and Rhodes Scholar.

Intriguing biographies aren't enough, either. John Glenn was an astronaut and American hero, but he couldn't get off the presidential launchpad.

Jim Margolis, a veteran campaign strategist now working for Obama, thinks it is his blend of all these traits, wrapped in "authenticity," which makes Obama's message of hope and inclusion seem plausible, not pie in the sky.

Margolis interviewed many of Obama's Harvard classmates for TV ads and documentaries. They told him Obama "was wise beyond his years, and never talked down to people," Margolis said.

"He has this amazing ability to connect with people and understand their problems," he said. "And through it all, there is this optimism."

For a politician with only four years of experience at the federal level, Obama also has spot-on instincts, associates say, and a steely confidence in his convictions, in good times and bad. His roughest patch came after Clinton revived her campaign with wins in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and a renewed uproar over Obama's former pastor threatened to consume his campaign.

Obama rejected advice to criticize Clinton more fiercely, and went back to his themes of political and racial reconciliation. His solid win in North Carolina and near miss in Indiana confirmed his judgment.

Obama and his small core of longtime advisers also outsmarted the vaunted Clinton team by focusing early on small caucus states, where he racked up important wins. His fundraising has been nothing short of astounding, with millions of dollars pouring in via the Internet from people who never gave a politician a dime.

Obama fans often search for words to express their attraction.

"He just really electrifies you when you are listening to him," said Lena Bradley, 78, a beauty salon owner in Washington. "He has something that's leading him."

As ephemeral as "something that's leading him" sounds, it's hard to explain in more clinical terms his impact on people. But it's there.

As recently as June 2006, a lone reporter could travel with Obama in cars and small planes as he campaigned for other Democrats in state after state. On one such visit to Massachusetts and New Jersey, his charm was on full display before crowds of various size, age and ethnic makeup. He made teenagers guffaw by saying people pronounced his name "Yo Mama." He quoted scripture in a black church, and set every head nodding.

On a plane ride he talked with the reporter for an hour, on the record, with barely a hint of the nervousness or hedging that most politicians understandably display to someone with a pen, pad and tape recorder.

Before an audience of 300 people in East Orange, N.J., Obama spotted local resident and famous singer Dionne Warwick. He smiled impishly and sang, "If you see me walking down the street," the opening line of her hit, "Walk on By." The crowd roared its approval of his on-key ad lib.

Some veteran politicians also see "something that's leading" Obama, whether they can explain it or not.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., a longtime friend and supporter, said "nothing was ever the same" after Obama's Boston speech.

Durbin recalls pulling Obama into a vacant meeting room in Chicago's Union League Club, where both had spoken on a Friday afternoon in November 2006. He felt it was time for his young colleague to decide whether to run for the White House.

"There are moments in life when you can pick the time," Durbin said he told Obama. "But when it comes to running for president, the time can pick you. You've been picked. This is your moment."

A short time later, Obama launched his candidacy.

Belizeans.com
05-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Ted Kennedy Says No to Hillary-Obama Ticket

Sen. Ted Kennedy dampened the hopes of Hillary Clinton's supporters Friday when he said he didn't think a Barack Obama-Clinton presidential ticket was possible. He wants Obama to choose a running mate who is "in tune with his appeal for the nobler aspirations of the American people” and also possesses real leadership abilities.

belizean
05-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Dems can't win. Hey Mellow, you ready to send my $? Want to make another bet on the national election?

Quit being fearful...ain't nobody will take away your guns.

Polls show both Hillary and Obama is beating McCain:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-poll10-2008may10,0,6816866.story

From the Los Angeles Times
CAMPAIGN '08 L.A. Times/Bloomberg poll
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama beat John McCain in Los Angeles Times poll
She's seen as best able to manage voters' top priority, the economy, and the Republican is seen as least able.
By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

May 10, 2008

WASHINGTON — Although Democrats are tangled in a fractious primary contest, both Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama probably would win the White House against presumptive GOP nominee John McCain if the election were held now, according to a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll.

Arizona Sen. McCain remains competitive, but the poll identified one important vulnerability: Voters ranked him lowest among the three candidates on who could best handle the nation's economy -- by far the most pressing concern for the public irrespective of party, gender or income. Of the three main candidates, New York Sen. Clinton inspired the most confidence on the economy.

In a hypothetical matchup, the poll gave Illinois Sen. Obama 46% to McCain's 40%, with 9% undecided.

Clinton led McCain 47% to 38%, with 11% undecided. The nationwide poll, conducted May 1 through Thursday and released Friday, had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The results represent a shift from a Times/Bloomberg poll in February, when McCain led Clinton by 6 percentage points and Obama by 2, within the poll's margin of error.

"Although there is such infighting now between the two Democratic candidates, we are finding that both Democrats are beating McCain, and this could be attributed to the weakening of the economy," said Times Polling Director Susan Pinkus, who supervised the survey.

For example, among the 78% of voters who said they believe the economy has slid into a recession, 52% would vote for Obama, compared with 32% for McCain. A Clinton-McCain matchup showed nearly identical results.

The poll was based on telephone interviews with 2,208 adults nationwide -- 1,986 of them registered voters -- several days before and after Tuesday's primaries in Indiana and North Carolina, which Clinton and Obama split.

Those primary results were a disappointment for Clinton, who trails Obama in delegates and the popular vote and had hoped for a much stronger showing to swing momentum her way.

It now appears all but inevitable that Obama will be the Democratic nominee, though Clinton continues to campaign aggressively ahead of the final six primaries.

The poll offered fresh insights for Democrats weighing which candidate, Obama or Clinton, would have the best chance against McCain in the fall.

For example, among voters 65 and older, Clinton and McCain were essentially tied; but McCain led Obama 47% to 41%.

Among people ages 18 to 44, Obama led McCain 55% to 35%. Clinton led McCain 48% to 35%.

African Americans would vote overwhelmingly for Obama, the first black candidate with a realistic chance of becoming president. In the poll, he carried 79% of African Americans, with 3% supporting McCain.

In a matchup with Clinton, McCain's share of the African American vote rose to 9%, roughly in line with the performance of past GOP presidential candidates. Clinton had 60% of the African American vote; 23% of respondents in this cornerstone Democratic constituency said they were undecided.

Among baby boomers -- the giant post-World War II generation that will begin to reach retirement age in the next president's term -- both Democrats edged out McCain: Clinton 47% to 39%, Obama 45% to 37%. Whoever is elected will face serious Medicare and Social Security shortfalls.

McCain remains competitive because of his showing among older voters and independents -- constituencies both parties are vying to win. McCain leads Clinton among independents and is essentially tied with Obama.

Beyond divisions of race, gender, politics or income, voters' dominant concern is the state of the nation's economy, the poll found.

Although recent government data showed that the economy continued grow from January through March, many experts believe it was running on fumes and may well be shrinking this quarter.

Fifty-six percent of voters said the economy should be the top priority for the presidential candidates to address. Thirty-four percent said the war in Iraq should be the top priority. Healthcare and illegal immigration were the only other issues to break double digits, with 11% apiece. (Respondents could choose two.)

More than three-quarters of voters said they believed the economy was in a recession, and about a quarter said they thought the downturn was be mild.

The same percentage said the recession was serious.

The gloom was evident in answers to one of the basic questions pollsters ask: whether the country is headed in the right direction or is on the wrong track.

Seventy-seven percent of voters, and 76% of adults overall, said the nation was "seriously off on the wrong track."

Liberals were most likely to say that -- 90% did -- but so did 62% of conservatives. Among independents, 82% said the country was off-course.

Half of Republicans said the country was going in the wrong direction.

Overall, only 15% of voters and 17% of adults overall believe things are going well.

"The right direction/wrong track question sets the stage for the pessimistic and gloomy view about the economy," Pinkus said. "The last time we had 'wrong track' in the 70% range was back in 1992." That was the year Arkansas Gov. Bill Clinton won the Democratic nomination and went on to defeat the incumbent president, George H.W. Bush, on the heels of a recession that lasted from 1990 to 1991.

Regardless of their choice for president, voters judged Hillary Clinton the most capable of the three candidates in handling economic policies. She garnered 32%, compared with 26% for Obama and 23% for McCain.

"This is an issue that McCain really has to work on to turn people's attitudes around," Pinkus said.

"This is an issue that is a positive for Democrats, and that may explain why they are doing better -- even though they are still fighting each other and McCain is getting a free ride."

ricardo.alonso-zaldivar@ latimes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want other stories on this topic, search the Archives at latimes.com/archives.

Article licensing and reprint options

Copyright 2008 Los Angeles Times | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
Home Delivery | Advertise | Archives | Contact | Site Map | Help

partners:

Belizeans.com
05-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Michelle Vetoes Hillary
By Robert Novak

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Close-in supporters of Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign are convinced he never will offer the vice presidential nomination to Sen. Hillary Clinton for one overriding reason: Michelle Obama.

The Democratic front-runner's wife did not comment on other rival candidates for the party's nomination, but she has been sniping at Clinton since last summer. According to Obama sources, those public utterances do not reveal the extent of her hostility.

A footnote: Support is growing in Democratic ranks for Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland as vice president. He would bring to the ticket maturity (66 years old), experience (six terms in Congress) and moderation (rated "A" by the National Rifle Association). He is very popular in Ohio, a state Republicans must carry to elect a president.

Belizeans.com
05-12-2008, 10:33 PM
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/Clinton_2008_Political_Play_of_the_Day.sff_WVEA104 _20080512155726.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., greets Obama supporter Doris Smith during a campaign stop at Tudor's Biscuit World in Charleston, W. Va. Monday, May 12, 2008. "Oh, I didn't want to do this," Smith said, embarrassed, who was wearing the Obama T-shirt as Clinton walked into the restaurant. "I didn't know she was going to be here." (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

belizean
05-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Racist Incidents Give Some Obama Campaigners Pause

By Kevin Merida
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 13, 2008; A01

http://www.drudgereport.com/cg.jpg

Danielle Ross was alone in an empty room at the Obama campaign headquarters in Kokomo, Ind., a cellphone in one hand, a voter call list in the other. She was stretched out on the carpeted floor wearing laceless sky-blue Converses, stories from the trail on her mind. It was the day before Indiana's primary, and she had just been chased by dogs while canvassing in a Kokomo suburb. But that was not the worst thing to occur since she postponed her sophomore year at Middle Tennessee State University, in part to hopscotch America stumping for Barack Obama.

Here's the worst: In Muncie, a factory town in the east-central part of Indiana, Ross and her cohorts were soliciting support for Obama at malls, on street corners and in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and they ran into "a horrible response," as Ross put it, a level of anti-black sentiment that none of them had anticipated.

"The first person I encountered was like, 'I'll never vote for a black person,' " recalled Ross, who is white and just turned 20. "People just weren't receptive."

For all the hope and excitement Obama's candidacy is generating, some of his field workers, phone-bank volunteers and campaign surrogates are encountering a raw racism and hostility that have gone largely unnoticed -- and unreported -- this election season. Doors have been slammed in their faces. They've been called racially derogatory names (including the white volunteers). And they've endured malicious rants and ugly stereotyping from people who can't fathom that the senator from Illinois could become the first African American president.

The contrast between the large, adoring crowds Obama draws at public events and the gritty street-level work to win votes is stark. The candidate is largely insulated from the mean-spiritedness that some of his foot soldiers deal with away from the media spotlight.

Victoria Switzer, a retired social studies teacher, was on phone-bank duty one night during the Pennsylvania primary campaign. One night was all she could take: "It wasn't pretty." She made 60 calls to prospective voters in Susquehanna County, her home county, which is 98 percent white. The responses were dispiriting. One caller, Switzer remembers, said he couldn't possibly vote for Obama and concluded: "Hang that darky from a tree!"

Documentary filmmaker Rory Kennedy, the daughter of the late Robert F. Kennedy, said she, too, came across "a lot of racism" when campaigning for Obama in Pennsylvania. One Pittsburgh union organizer told her he would not vote for Obama because he is black, and a white voter, she said, offered this frank reason for not backing Obama: "White people look out for white people, and black people look out for black people."

Obama campaign officials say such incidents are isolated, that the experience of most volunteers and staffers has been overwhelmingly positive.

The campaign released this statement in response to questions about encounters with racism: "After campaigning for 15 months in nearly all 50 states, Barack Obama and our entire campaign have been nothing but impressed and encouraged by the core decency, kindness, and generosity of Americans from all walks of life. The last year has only reinforced Senator Obama's view that this country is not as divided as our politics suggest."

Campaign field work can be an exercise in confronting the fears, anxieties and prejudices of voters. Veterans of the civil rights movement know what this feels like, as do those who have been involved in battles over busing, immigration or abortion. But through the Obama campaign, some young people are having their first experience joining a cause and meeting cruel reaction.

On Election Day in Kokomo, a group of black high school students were holding up Obama signs along U.S. 31, a major thoroughfare. As drivers cruised by, a number of them rolled down their windows and yelled out a common racial slur for African Americans, according to Obama campaign staffers.

Frederick Murrell, a black Kokomo High School senior, was not there but heard what happened. He was more disappointed than surprised. During his own canvassing for Obama, Murrell said, he had "a lot of doors slammed" in his face. But taunting teenagers on a busy commercial strip in broad daylight? "I was very shocked at first," Murrell said. "Then again, I wasn't, because we have a lot of racism here."

The bigotry has gone beyond words. In Vincennes, the Obama campaign office was vandalized at 2 a.m. on the eve of the primary, according to police. A large plate-glass window was smashed, an American flag stolen. Other windows were spray-painted with references to Obama's controversial former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and other political messages: "Hamas votes BHO" and "We don't cling to guns or religion. Goddamn Wright."

Ray McCormick was notified of the incident at about 2:45 a.m. A farmer and conservationist, McCormick had erected a giant billboard on a major highway on behalf of Farmers for Obama. He also was housing the Obama campaign worker manning the office. When McCormick arrived at the office, about two hours before he was due out of bed to plant corn, he grabbed his camera and wanted to alert the media. "I thought, this is a big deal." But he was told Obama campaign officials didn't want to make a big deal of the incident. McCormick took photos anyway and distributed some.

"The pictures represent what we are breaking through and overcoming," he said. As McCormick, who is white, sees it, Obama is succeeding despite these incidents. Later, there would be bomb threats to three Obama campaign offices in Indiana, including the one in Vincennes, according to campaign sources.

Obama has not spoken much about racism during this campaign. He has sought to emphasize connections among Americans rather than divisions. He shrugged off safety concerns that led to early Secret Service protection and has told black senior citizens who worry that racists will do him harm: Don't fret. Earlier in the campaign, a 68-year-old woman in Carson City, Nev., voiced concern that the country was not ready to elect an African American president.

"Will there be some folks who probably won't vote for me because I am black? Of course," Obama said, "just like there may be somebody who won't vote for Hillary because she's a woman or wouldn't vote for John Edwards because they don't like his accent. But the question is, 'Can we get a majority of the American people to give us a fair hearing?' "

Obama has won 30 of 50 Democratic contests so far, the kind of nationwide electoral triumph no black candidate has ever realized. That he is on the brink of capturing the Democratic nomination, some say, is a testament to how far the country has progressed in overcoming racism and evidence of Obama's skill at bridging divides.

Obama has won five of 12 primaries in which black voters made up less than 10 percent of the electorate, and caucuses in states such as Idaho and Wyoming that are overwhelmingly white. But exit polls show he has struggled to attract white voters who didn't attend college and earn less than $50,000 a year. Today, he and Hillary Clinton square off in West Virginia, a state where she is favored and where the votes of working-class whites will again be closely watched.

For the most part, Obama campaign workers say, the 2008 election cycle has been exhilarating. On the ground, the Obama campaign is being driven by youngsters, many of whom are imbued with an optimism undeterred by racial intolerance. "We've grown up in a different world," says Danielle Ross. Field offices are staffed by 20-somethings who hold positions -- state director, regional field director, field organizer -- that are typically off limits to newcomers to presidential politics.

Gillian Bergeron, 23, was in charge of a five-county regional operation in northeastern Pennsylvania. The oldest member of her team was 27. At Scranton's annual Saint Patrick's Day parade, some of the green Obama signs distributed by staffers were burned along the parade route. That was the first signal that this wasn't exactly Obama country. There would be others.

In a letter to the editor published in a local paper, Tunkhannock Borough Mayor Norm Ball explained his support of Hillary Clinton this way: "Barack Hussein Obama and all of his talk will do nothing for our country. There is so much that people don't know about his upbringing in the Muslim world. His stepfather was a radical Muslim and the ranting of his minister against the white America, you can't convince me that some of that didn't rub off on him.

"No, I want a president that will salute our flag, and put their hand on the Bible when they take the oath of office."

Obama's campaign workers have grown wearily accustomed to the lies about the candidate's supposed radical Muslim ties and lack of patriotism. But they are sometimes astonished when public officials such as Ball or others representing the campaign of their opponent traffic in these falsehoods.

Karen Seifert, a volunteer from New York, was outside of the largest polling location in Lackawanna County, Pa., on primary day when she was pressed by a Clinton volunteer to explain her backing of Obama. "I trust him," Seifert replied. According to Seifert, the woman pointed to Obama's face on Seifert's T-shirt and said: "He's a half-breed and he's a Muslim. How can you trust that?"

Pollsters have found it difficult to accurately measure racial attitudes, as some voters are unwilling to acknowledge the role that race plays in their thinking. But some are not. Susan Dzimian, a Clinton supporter who owns residential properties, said outside a polling location in Kokomo that race was a factor in how she viewed Obama. "I think if it was somebody other than him, I'd accept it," she said of a black candidate. "If Colin Powell had run, I would be willing to accept him."

The previous evening, Dondra Ewing was driving the neighborhoods of Kokomo, looking to turn around voters like Dzimian. Ewing, 47, is a chain-smoking middle school guidance counselor, a black single mother of two and one of the most fiercely vigilant Obama volunteers in Kokomo, which was once a Ku Klux Klan stronghold. On July 4, 1923, Kokomo hosted the largest Klan gathering in history -- an estimated 200,000 followers flocked to a local park. But these are not the 1920s, and Ewing believes she can persuade anybody to back Obama. Her mother, after all, was the first African American elected at-large to the school board in a community that is 10 percent black.

Kokomo, population 46,000, is another hard-hit Midwestern industrial town stung by layoffs. Longtimers wistfully remember the glory years of Continental Steel and speak mournfully about the jobs shipped overseas. Kokomo Sanitary Pottery, which made bathroom sinks and toilets, shut down a couple of months ago and took with it 150 jobs.

Aaron Roe, 23, was mowing lawns at a local cemetery recently, lamenting his $8-an-hour job with no benefits. He had earned a community college degree as an industrial electrician, but learned there was no electrical work to be found for someone with his experience, which is to say none. Politics wasn't on his mind; frustration was. If he were to vote, it would not be for Obama, he said. "I just got a funny feeling about him," Roe said, a feeling he couldn't specify, except to say race wasn't a part of it. "Race ain't nothing," said Roe, who is white. "It's how they're going to help the country."

The Aaron Roes are exactly who Dondra Ewing was after: people with funny feelings.

At the Bradford Run Apartments, she found Robert Cox, a retiree who spent 30 years working for an electronics manufacturer making computer chips. He was in his suspenders, grilling shish kebab, which he had never eaten. "Something new," Cox said, recommended by his son who was visiting from Colorado.

Ewing was selling him hard on Obama. "There are more than two families that can run the United States of America," she said, "and their names aren't Bush and Clinton."

"Yeah, I know, I know," Cox said, remaining noncommittal.

He opened the grill and peeked at the kebabs. "It's not his race, because I got real good friends and all that," Cox continued. "If anything would keep him from getting elected, it would be his name. It might turn off some older people."

Like him?

"No, older than me," said Cox, 66.

Ewing kept talking, until finally Cox said, "Probably Obama," when asked directly how he would vote.

As she walked away, Ewing said: "I think we got him."

But truthfully, she wasn't feeling so sure.

The Empress
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
well that doesn't surprise me at all!

Mosquitorose
05-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Just rememba wat ah said.....I said neither wan of dem is going to win......

belizean
05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Just rememba wat ah said.....I said neither wan of dem is going to win......

You sound like wah scratch record! :D :D :D

Mosquitorose
05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't like Mc cain needa oh!...and mi nuh bet....

Mosquitorose
05-14-2008, 11:23 PM
yah! hahahahahah..I neva said I didn't like Obama....

Dr Buzzard
05-15-2008, 05:53 AM
REPLY: And i never said you disliked him!

Here is the question: Do you think he would be better President than MA-CAIN AND Hillary?

I want a change! But OB is against the contitution and is begining to appear to be a communist, anti-white radical. Why would you support someone that wants to take your right to own firearms away?

belizean
05-15-2008, 07:06 AM
I want a change! But OB is against the contitution and is begining to appear to be a communist, anti-white radical. Why would you support someone that wants to take your right to own firearms away?

:D :D :D :D He's half white. Just like you how your kids will be half white.

Mosquitorose
05-15-2008, 08:56 AM
REPLY: And i never said you disliked him!

Here is the question: Do you think he would be better President than MA-CAIN AND Hillary?

I don't know since I am a war monger....lol..and let me add this. I am afraid that if he is a peacenik, that could be a dangerous thing for the country. Peacenik think through their r*******s and only wake up to a fact when it's too late...they just keep turning the other cheek, real dummies....I have to agree with Ty....

The Empress
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM

R u serious??

The Empress
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
:D :D :D :D He's half white. Just like you how your kids will be half white.

how can he be anti white when that's all he's ever known, astounding!

belizean
05-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I just wonder, how can blue-collar white christian say they will never vote for a black man simply because he's black? That is totally against their religion that say we're all created in God's image. Is this type of thinking evil?

The Empress
05-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I just wonder, how can blue-collar white christian say they will never vote for a black man simply because he's black? That is totally against their religion that say we're all created in God's image. Is this type of thinking evil?

it's the same way that slave owners were "christians" and thought it was ok to enslave people

Mosquitorose
05-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Reply: Yep, its definately the Devil.. The Devil love to call himself Christian, while he does his daily routine...

I wonder what Rosie think??? Oh she dah wah unbeliever tho..........

Mellow, I would vote for Obama if I had to choose between him and hilarious....I don't go to church or have any religion because I am tired looking at hipocrites and the church is all about money. You can have a special pew roped off on special sundays if you give enough money...etc. etc. etc......

Mosquitorose
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Reply: Dont wait till Obama become the President to say that you was always for him.... Vote Obama now!

EDWARDS JUMPS ON THE WINNING TEAM!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BzkAjd3xQ7w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BzkAjd3xQ7w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I haven't decided yet.

Mosquitorose
05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
http://votenoonjoe.blogspot.com/2008/02/diebold-accidentally-releases-results.html

belizean
05-18-2008, 07:04 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080518/capt.41d4f2c997834f1baa804bd07ca0722a.obama_2008_o rcc116.jpg

Record Obama Crowd, the Size of a City

By Matthew Mosk
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Sen. Barack Obama has seen his share of large crowds over the last 15 months, but his campaign said they have not approached the numbers gathered along the waterfront here right now.

The campaign, citing figures from Duane Bray, battalion chief of Portland Fire & Rescue, estimated that 75,000 people are watching him speak.

The scene suggests this is not an exaggeration. The sea of heads stretches for half a mile along the grassy embankment, while others watch from kayaks and power boats bobbing on the Willamette River. More hug the rails of the steel bridge that stretches across the water and crowds are even watching from jetties on the opposite shore.

Bez
05-18-2008, 07:23 PM
:usflag don't count your chickens before they are hatched

Belizeans.com
05-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Barack Obama is inching ever closer to locking up the Democratic presidential nomination despite another resounding loss to Hillary Rodham Clinton, this time in Kentucky.

Clinton beat Obama by 35 percentage points in Kentucky, after trouncing him by 41 percentage points in West Virginia last week, and has won five of the last seven primaries.

Once all the delegates were allocated from Tuesday's contests in Oregon and Kentucky, however, Obama was expected to be within 60 of the magic 2,026 needed to cinch the nomination. With 80 percent of the vote counted, he was winning Oregon by a 58-42 percent margin.

"Tonight, in the fullness of spring, with the help of those who stood up from Portland to Louisville, we have returned to Iowa with a majority of delegates elected by the American people and you have put us within reach of the Democratic nomination for president of the United States of America," Obama said Tuesday evening at a rally in Des Moines.

As he nears the Democratic prize, Obama has been concentrating his campaign more and more on John McCain, the Republican nominee-in-waiting, rather than on Clinton.

But Clinton insists she still sees a path to the nomination by winning over the party leaders and elected officials known as superdelegates, whose support will be needed for either candidate to be clinch the nomination.

"Neither Senator Obama nor I will have reached that magic number when the voting ends on June 3," she said Tuesday night in Kentucky. "And so, our party will have a tough choice to make — who's ready to lead our party at the top of our ticket, who is ready to defeat Senator McCain in the swing states and among swing voters."

She also continued to insist that Michigan and Florida Democrats deserve to have their votes counted, a reference to the lingering controversy surrounding primaries in both states held in defiance of Democratic National Committee rules.

Clinton and Obama both planned lunchtime campaign appearances in Florida on Wednesday and Clinton once again underscored the need for Democratic unity in November.

"While we continue to go toe-to-toe for this nomination, we do see eye-to-eye when it comes to uniting our party to elect a Democratic president this fall," she said Tuesday evening.

Clinton won at least 54 delegates in the delegates from Kentucky and Oregon and Obama won at least 39, according to an analysis of election returns by The Associated Press. All 51 delegates from Kentucky were awarded but there were still 10 of 52 to be allocated in Oregon.

Obama has an overall total of 1,956 delegates, including endorsements from party and elected officials known as superdelegates. Clinton has 1,776, including superdelegates, according the latest tally by the AP.

belizean
05-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Clinton regrets RFK assassination remark

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton quickly apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination despite increasingly long odds.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

The episode occurred as Clinton campaigned in advance of the June 3 South Dakota primary.

Responding to a question from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader editorial board about calls for her to drop out of the race, she said: "My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. You know I just, I don't understand it," she said, dismissing the idea of abandoning the race.

Clinton said she didn't understand why, given this history, some Democrats were calling for her to quit.

Her remark about an assassination during a primary campaign drew a quick response from aides to Democratic presidential front-runner Barack Obama.

"Senator Clinton's statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton.

Clinton spokesman Mo Elleithee said the senator was only referring to her husband and Kennedy "as historical examples of the nominating process going well into the summer and any reading into it beyond that would be inaccurate and outrageous."

She has said much the same thing before. In a March interview with Time magazine, she said: "Primary contests used to last a lot longer. We all remember the great tragedy of Bobby Kennedy being assassinated in June in L.A. My husband didn't wrap up the nomination in 1992 until June, also in California. Having a primary contest go through June is nothing particularly unusual."

Within a couple hours of the South Dakota remarks drawing attention, Clinton decided to make a personal apology.

"I was discussing the Democratic primary history and in the course of that discussion mentioned the campaigns of both my husband and Senator (Robert) Kennedy waged in California in June in 1992 and 1968 and I was referencing those to make the point that we have had nomination primary contests that go into June. That's a historic fact," she said.

"The Kennedys have been much on my mind the last days because of Senator Kennedy," she added, referring to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's recent diagnosis of a brain tumor. "I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever.

"My view is that we have to look to the past to our leaders who have inspired us, give us a lot to live up to, and I'm honored to hold Senator Kennedy's seat in the United States Senate from the state of New York and have the highest regard for the Kennedy family," she said.

A close Obama ally in the Senate, Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, said he accepted her explanation.

"I know Hillary Clinton, and the last thing in the world she'd ever want is to wish misfortune on anybody. She and Barack are friends," Durbin said. "It was ... a careless remark and we'll leave it at that."

In the same editorial board meeting, Clinton said "it is unprecedented in history" for political activists to urge a candidate to withdraw when his or her chances of winning the nomination appear remote. In fact, such events have happened several times.

Three months ago, Republican hopeful Mike Huckabee angered Sen. John McCain by lingering in the GOP race after McCain's nomination seemed all but assured. "Of course I would like for him to withdraw today," McCain said at the time. A McCain campaign memo, which was leaked to the media, said the campaign was being forced to spend money in upcoming primary states merely to avoid being embarrassed by the underfunded Huckabee.

Clinton also said her campaign has had no discussions with Obama's aides about her possibly becoming his vice presidential pick.

"It is flatly untrue and it is not anything I'm entertaining. It is nothing I have planned and it is nothing I am prepared to engage in. I am still vigorously campaigning."

The Obama campaign also dismissed reports that there were talks going on between the two campaigns about putting Clinton on the ticket.

Obama has an almost 200-delegate lead over Clinton and is just 56 delegates short of the number needed to clinch the nomination, making Clinton's goal of catching him more difficult by the day. The primaries end June 3.

Clinton spent the day campaigning in South Dakota, which holds one of two June 3 primaries. At stake are 15 delegates.

Recent reports suggested she may be discussing ways to end her campaign by being offered the vice presidential slot underneath Obama, but she rejected that and said she suspected the talk was coming from Obama aides.

"I would look to the camp of my opponent for the source of these stories," she said. "People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa."

Two of those recent reports, however, were attributed by CNN and The New York Times to supporters of Clinton.

Meanwhile, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., a staunch Clinton supporter, said Friday that she believes that if Obama becomes the nominee he should select Clinton as his running mate.

"I think as this race has emerged each one of them has garnered a different constituency and different states, and therefore when you put the two of them together it forms, I believe, the strongest ticket," she told The Associated Press in a phone interview.

"Women feel very strongly about Hillary and African-Americans feel very strongly about Barack, and the election results show that, and the young versus old, the higher educated versus the working person. ... All these things are sort of separated out into one or the other so there is a logic in combining the two constituencies."

Mosquitorose
05-23-2008, 07:06 PM
That woman is a viper...she will do anything to become president....she worries me....I hope she looses....

belizean
05-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Castro criticizes Obama plan to keep US embargo

HAVANA - Former President Fidel Castro says Sen. Barack Obama's plan to maintain Washington's trade embargo against Cuba will cause hunger and suffering on the island.

In a column published Monday by government-run newspapers, Castro said Obama was "the most-advanced candidate in the presidential race," but noted that he has not dared to call for altering U.S. policy toward Cuba.

"Obama's speech can be translated as a formula for hunger for the country," Castro wrote, referring to Obama's remarks last week to the influential Cuban American National Foundation in Miami.

Obama said he would maintain the nearly fifty-year-old trade sanctions against Cuba as leverage to push for democratic change on the island. But he also vowed to ease restrictions on Cuban Americans traveling to Cuba and sending money to relatives.

He repeated his willingness to meet with Raul Castro, who in February succeeded his elder brother Fidel to become the nation's first new leader in 49 years.

Castro said Obama's proposals for letting well-off Cuban Americans help poorer relatives on the island amounted to "propaganda for consumerism and a way of life that is unsustainable."

He complained that Obama's description of Cuba as "undemocratic" and "lacking in respect for liberty and human rights" was the same argument previous U.S. administrations "have used to justify their crimes against our homeland."

Castro, 81, has not been seen in public since undergoing emergency surgery in July 2006, but he often publishes columns in state newspapers.

Obama's calls for direct talks with Cuban leaders differ sharply from a more hardline policy favored by current President Bush and Republican presidential candidate John McCain, whom Castro also has criticized.

Castro's column came three days after a prominent dissident group wrote an open letter to Obama suggesting that his idea of talking directly with Cuban leaders could help win freedom for prisoners.

"We have great hope that you can contribute to the immediate, unconditional liberation" of prisoners, wrote the Ladies in White, a group formed by relatives of people jailed in a government crackdown on political opposition in 2003.

Mosquitorose
05-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Fk Castro.....to hell and back.....What did he ever do for his country except bring hell and damnaton on them.....the people are not even allowed to go around cuba as free citizens....

Dr Buzzard
05-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first front-running freedom fighter over 70. The next president of Americ a will be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer a nd deeper look at him. Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant.. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial "beauty."

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, w ho is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on "the rich." How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, "All praise and glory to God!" but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have "hijacked" - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois, he refused to vote against a statewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left, Hollywood, and San Francis co values, not Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs. Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of "bringing America together" means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

Mosquitorose
05-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Obama is full of sh**.....

mahogany sister
05-27-2008, 06:31 PM
spoken like a true republican....the country di go to rass and u still waa vote old rass Mccain in.....!

Mosquitorose
05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
hahahahah....gial ah nuh decide yet mein...me dah registerd democrate yukno?.....but one never knows when the light shines ans shows the way.....I will know at the moment whom to vote for.....

belizean
05-29-2008, 09:35 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3FrBgU0wDQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3FrBgU0wDQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dr Buzzard
05-30-2008, 05:21 AM
ARE THEY GONNA LYNCH FATHER MIKE FOR SAYING WHAT EVERY GOOD HUMAN BEING ALREADY KNOW?

THE CLINTONS ARE OUT OF ORDER! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Even Obama critize the racist priest. this election is getting ugly over race.

Belizeans.com
05-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Obama campaign used party rules to foil Clinton

WASHINGTON (AP) - Unlike Hillary Rodham Clinton, rival Barack Obama planned for the long haul. Clinton hinged her whole campaign on an early knockout blow on Super Tuesday, while Obama's staff researched congressional districts in states with primaries that were months away. What they found were opportunities to win delegates, even in states they would eventually lose.

Obama's campaign mastered some of the most arcane rules in politics, and then used them to foil a front-runner who seemed to have every advantage - money, fame and a husband who had essentially run the Democratic Party for eight years as president.

"Without a doubt, their understanding of the nominating process was one of the keys to their success," said Tad Devine, a Democratic strategist not aligned with either candidate. "They understood the nuances of it and approached it at a strategic level that the Clinton campaign did not."

Careful planning is one reason why Obama is emerging as the nominee as the Democratic Party prepares for its final three primaries, Puerto Rico on Sunday and Montana and South Dakota on Tuesday. Attributing his success only to soaring speeches and prodigious fundraising ignores a critical part of contest.

(AP) In this Feb. 9, 2008 file photo, Nelda Thornton holds a pad showing the results of two votes taken...
Full Image

Obama used the Democrats' system of awarding delegates to limit his losses in states won by Clinton while maximizing gains in states he carried. Clinton, meanwhile, conserved her resources by essentially conceding states that favored Obama, including many states that held caucuses instead of primaries.

In a stark example, Obama's victory in Kansas wiped out the gains made by Clinton for winning New Jersey, even though New Jersey had three times as many delegates at stake. Obama did it by winning big in Kansas while keeping the vote relatively close in New Jersey.

The research effort was headed by Jeffrey Berman, Obama's press-shy national director of delegate operations. Berman, who also tracked delegates in former Rep. Dick Gephardt's presidential bids, spent the better part of 2007 analyzing delegate opportunities for Obama.

Obama won a majority of the 23 Super Tuesday contests on Feb. 5 and then spent the following two weeks racking up 11 straight victories, building an insurmountable lead among delegates won in primaries and caucuses.

What made it especially hard for Clinton to catch up was that Obama understood and took advantage of a nominating system that emerged from the 1970s and '80s, when the party struggled to find a balance between party insiders and its rank-and-file voters.

(AP) In this Feb. 5, 2008, file photo, Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama D-Ill., speaks...
Full Image

Until the 1970s, the nominating process was controlled by party leaders, with ordinary citizens having little say. There were primaries and caucuses, but the delegates were often chosen behind closed doors, sometimes a full year before the national convention. That culminated in a 1968 national convention that didn't reflect the diversity of the party - racially or ideologically.

The fiasco of the 1968 convention in Chicago, where police battled anti-war protesters in the streets, led to calls for a more inclusive process.

One big change was awarding delegates proportionally, meaning you can finish second or third in a primary and still win delegates to the party's national convention. As long candidates get at least 15 percent of the vote, they are eligible for delegates.

The system enables strong second-place candidates to stay competitive and extend the race - as long as they don't run out of campaign money.

"For people who want a campaign to end quickly, proportional allocation is a bad system," Devine said. "For people who want a system that is fair and reflective of the voters, it's a much better system."

(AP) Graphic shows breakdown of net delegate difference for Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in 2008...
Full Image

Another big change was the introduction of superdelegates, the party and elected officials who automatically attend the convention and can vote for whomever they choose regardless of what happens in the primaries and caucuses.

Much has been made of the superdelegates this year because neither Obama nor Clinton can reach the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination without their support.

A more subtle change was the distribution of delegates within each state. As part of the proportional system, Democrats award delegates based on statewide vote totals as well as results in individual congressional districts. The delegates, however, are not distributed evenly within a state, like they are in the Republican system.

Under Democratic rules, congressional districts with a history of strong support for Democratic candidates are rewarded with more delegates than districts that are more Republican. Some districts packed with Democratic voters can have as many as eight or nine delegates up for grabs, while more Republican districts in the same state have three or four.

The system is designed to benefit candidates who do well among loyal Democratic constituencies, and none is more loyal than black voters. Obama, who would be the first black candidate nominated by a major political party, has been winning 80 percent to 90 percent of the black vote in most primaries, according to exit polls.

"Black districts always have a large number of delegates because they are the highest performers for the Democratic Party," said Elaine Kamarck, a Harvard University professor who is writing a book about the Democratic nominating process.

"Once you had a black candidate you knew that he would be winning large numbers of delegates because of this phenomenon," said Kamarck, who is also a superdelegate supporting Clinton.

In states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, Clinton won the statewide vote but Obama won enough delegates to limit her gains. In states Obama carried, like Georgia and Virginia, he maximized the number of delegates he won.

"The Obama campaign was very good at targeting districts in areas where they could do well," said former DNC Chairman Don Fowler, a Clinton superdelegate from South Carolina. "They were very conscious and aware of these nuances."

But, Fowler noted, the best strategy in the world would have been useless without the right candidate.

"If that same strategy and that same effort had been used with a different candidate, a less charismatic candidate, a less attractive candidate, it wouldn't have worked," Fowler said. "The reason they look so good is because Obama was so good."

Mosquitorose
06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Reply; You dah senile and confused party ! I doubt that you have ever voted in this Country Rose, it appears that you are just talking outta your R****.... You cannot stand the fact that an educated African American, who happens to be also White-is about to be elected President.....

When he is elected, i will remind you... Infact, i will remind you of some horrible things that you once said about Martin Luther King....

Old woman, you are way out dated, molded and rotten! :puke

Dah yu di get effing senile bubu.....I neva said a sorry word about Martin LK....in my book he was a true hero....so ef off wid yu ole grey rass ok....

I don't care what color the next president is....I have never judged a person on color....yu are the only one concerned with color...color means nothing to me....I can't seem to see a difference between skin color like yu do...go ef yuself again....in fact one fe yu and one fe the grey rass donkey you ride een pan.....wat di rass yu know bout politics anyway...good politics in fact....

Mosquitorose
06-01-2008, 07:26 PM
hHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

Mosquitorose
06-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Is just yu.....I am pain free hahaaahhaha

Mosquitorose
06-02-2008, 08:18 AM
ah deh rite yah di eat mi oatmeal and prunes and di drink mi coffee hahahahaahahah

Mosquitorose
06-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Dah sin..... Ok, ah wah leff yo lone... but mek sure yo vote for Obama, if you can vote that is.....:D

Nuh, nuh di tell me weh fe duh yer? I wah vote at the last minute....

Dr Buzzard
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Ah tink McCain gonna pick Hillary for his VP

belizean
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
PAPER: Clinton in negotiations for Obama to help pay off her debts...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080602/capt.64697372770a4d518ec932749babbadf.clinton_2008 _sdea109.jpg

She must be a Belizean...pay me fi support yuh!

Dr Buzzard
06-03-2008, 02:23 AM
Reply: Tyshepp, let me present to you the unbeatable team! Obama Clinton.... by Friday i believe it will be uniting the Democratic party...... Its History at a glance.....

:beerchug :beerchug :beerchug :beerchug

Obama needs Hilary badly.... he may not be able to win without her!

i don't think OB can win if he takes on Clinton. He's got so much bad baggage already, he can't take her's on. I think OB will pick Edwards.

Mosquitorose
06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
i don't think OB can win if he takes on Clinton. He's got so much bad baggage already, he can't take her's on. I think OB will pick Edwards.

I agree wid yu Buzz.....Obama should not pay the bitc** bill period...let her pay for her shyat....he really doesn't need her at all....if!

belizean
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Superdelegates surge to Obama
A tsunami of superdelegates is poised to rush to Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) over the next 12 hours, giving him a mathematical lock on his party’s presidential nomination.

The superdelegate surge is likely to swamp a few holdouts within the camp of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) who have been resisting a prompt concession.

Aides say Clinton does not plan to concede or bid supporters farewell when she speaks in New York tonight, but instead will salute her supporters and argue for the strength of her candidacy.

But her clout is ebbing by the hour. At 6:56 a.m. Eastern time, the Obama campaign announced the first of the day’s slew of endorsements by superdelegates – the Democratic Party officials who have a vote on the nominee and will determine who it is, since neither Obama nor Clinton have won enough delegates in primaries and caucuses to put them over the top.

Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe said on NBC’s “Today” show: “If Senator Obama gets the number, I think Hillary Clinton will congratulate him, call him the nominee. We haven't gotten to that number yet.”

Obama needs only about 36 more delegates, and he told The Associated Press in an interview that he expects to get about 15 of those in today’s primaries in South Dakota and Montana. Superdelegates will finish the job.

“A lot of people recognize that it is going to be time for us to pivot and move on,” he said.

Robert Gibbs, Obama’s campaign communications director, said on CNN’s “American Morning” that the campaign is “still working the phones and talking to people.”

“I think there's a pretty good chance that by the time Barack Obama walks out on the stage tonight, we'll walk out as Democratic nominee as president of the United States,” Gibbs said. “We'll begin a new phase in this campaign and talk about what's next for this country and what direction we can take it in — the type of change that you can believe in.”

At noon, the Obama campaign announced: "Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick (MI-13) endorsed Barack Obama. Obama is 36.5 delegates away from securing the Democratic nomination."

And on a conference call, Clyburn announced three more superdelegates who he said will endorse Obama today: Rep. John Spratt of South Carolina; New York superdelegate Ralph Dawson, and Tim Moore, a South Carolina Edwards delegate.

Clyburn said he'd spoken to Nancy Pelosi.

"She will be making her own announcement on that subject tomorrow...or the next day," he said.

Shortly after polls close in Montana at 10 p.m. Eastern time, as many as 28 other superdelegates – including House members, senators and governors – could quickly follow, according to statements they have made to Politico and other news organizations.

Obama aides are hoping that he’ll be able to announce victory when he speaks in St. Paul tonight, but they say they aren’t positive he’ll reach that level in time. But the nomination should be his within hours after that.

Most Clinton advisers recognize that it’s just about time for a unity event with Obama, but they say she’ll take a day or more to choreograph her exit.

A few Clinton diehards argue she can still win, and have vowed to fight all the way through the August convention. But Obama’s prospective superdelegate tally is likely to sink that argument.

belizean
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination Tuesday, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates, becoming the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House.
Campaigning on an insistent call for change, Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic race that sparked record turnout in primary after primary, yet exposed deep racial divisions within the party.

The AP tally was based on public commitments from delegates as well as more than a dozen private commitments. It also included a minimum number of delegates Obama was guaranteed even if he lost the final two primaries in South Dakota and Montana later in the day.

The 46-year-old first-term senator will face Sen. John McCain of Arizona in the fall campaign to become the 44th president.

Clinton was ready to concede that her rival had amassed the delegates needed to triumph, according to officials in her campaign. These officials said the New York senator did not intend to suspend or end her candidacy in a speech Tuesday night in New York. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they had not been authorized to divulge her plans.

Obama's triumph was fashioned on prodigious fundraising, meticulous organizing and his theme of change aimed at an electorate opposed to the Iraq war and worried about the economy—all harnessed to his own innate gifts as a campaigner.

Clinton campaigned for months as the candidate of experience, a former first lady and second-term senator ready, she said, to take over on Day One.

But after a year on the trail, Obama won the kickoff Iowa caucuses on Jan. 3, and the freshman senator became something of an overnight political phenomenon.

"We came together as Democrats, as Republicans and independents, to stand up and say we are one nation, we are one people and our time for change has come," he said that night in Des Moines.

A video produced by Will I. Am and built around Obama's "Yes, we can" rallying cry quickly went viral. It drew its one millionth hit within a few days of being posted.

As the strongest female presidential candidate in history, Clinton drew large, enthusiastic audiences. Yet Obama's were bigger still. One audience, in Dallas, famously cheered when he blew his nose on stage; a crowd of 75,000 turned out in Portland, Ore., the weekend before the state's May 20 primary.

The former first lady countered Obama's Iowa victory with an upset five days later in New Hampshire that set the stage for a campaign marathon as competitive as any in the last generation.

"Over the last week I listened to you, and in the process I found my own voice," she told supporters who had saved her candidacy from an early demise.

In defeat, Obama's aides concluded they had committed a cardinal sin of New Hampshire politics, forsaking small, intimate events in favor of speeches to large audiences inviting them to ratify Iowa's choice.

It was not a mistake they made again—which helped explain Obama's later outings to bowling alleys, backyard basketball hoops and American Legion halls in the heartland.

Clinton conceded nothing, memorably knocking back a shot of Crown Royal whiskey at a bar in Indiana, recalling that her grandfather had taught her to use a shotgun, and driving in a pickup to a gas station in South Bend, Ind., to emphasize her support for a summertime suspension of the federal gasoline tax.

As other rivals quickly fell away in winter, the strongest black candidate in history and the strongest female White House contender traded victories on Super Tuesday, the Feb. 5 series of primaries and caucuses across 21 states and American Samoa that once seemed likely to settle the nomination.

But Clinton had a problem that Obama exploited, and he scored a coup she could not answer.

Pressed for cash, the former first lady ran noncompetitive campaigns in several Super Tuesday caucus states, allowing her rival to run up his delegate totals.

At the same time, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., endorsed the young senator in terms that summoned memories of his slain brothers, yet sought to turn the page on the Clinton era.

Kennedy said in a reference to former President Clinton: "There was another time, when another young candidate was running for president and challenging America to cross a new frontier. He faced criticism from the preceding Democratic president, who was widely respected in the party."

Merely by surviving Super Tuesday, Obama exceeded expectations.

But he did more than survive, emerging with a lead in delegates that he never relinquished, and proceeded to run off a string of 11 straight victories.

Clinton saved her candidacy once more with primary victories in Ohio and Texas on March 4, beginning a stretch in which she won primaries in six of the final nine states on the calendar.

It was a strong run, providing glimpses of what might have been for the one-time front-runner.

But by then Obama was well on his way to victory, Clinton and her allies stressed the popular vote instead of delegates. Yet he seemed to emerge from each loss with residual strength.

Obama's bigger-than-expected victory in North Carolina on May 6 offset his narrow defeat in Indiana the same day. Four days later, he overtook Clinton's lead among superdelegates, the party leaders she had hoped would award her the nomination on the basis of a strong showing in swing states.

Obama lost West Virginia by a whopping 67 percent to 26 percent on May 13. Yet he won an endorsement the following day from former presidential rival and one-time North Carolina Sen. John Edwards.

Clinton administered another drubbing in Kentucky a week later. This time, Obama countered with a victory in Oregon, and turned up that night in Iowa to say he had won a majority of all the delegates available in 56 primaries and caucuses on the calendar.

There were moments of anger, notably in a finger-wagging debate in South Carolina on Jan. 21.

Obama told the former first lady he was helping unemployed workers on the streets of Chicago when "you were a corporate lawyer sitting on the board at Wal-Mart."

Moments later, Clinton said that she was fighting against misguided Republican policies "when you were practicing law and representing your contributor ... in his slum landlord business in inner city Chicago."

And Bill Clinton was a constant presence and an occasional irritant for Obama. The former president angered several black politicians when he seemed to diminish Obama's South Carolina triumph by noting that Jesse Jackson had also won the state.

Obama's frustration showed at the Jan. 21 debate, when he accused the former president in absentia of uttering a series of distortions.

"I'm here. He's not," the former first lady snapped.

"Well, I can't tell who I'm running against sometimes," Obama countered.

There were relatively few policy differences. Clinton accused Obama of backing a health care plan that would leave millions out, and the two clashed repeatedly over trade.

Yet race, religion, region and gender became political fault lines as the two campaigned from coast to coast.

Along the way, Obama showed an ability to weather the inevitable controversies, most notably one caused by the incendiary rhetoric of his former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

At first, Obama said he could not break with his longtime spiritual adviser. Then, when Wright spoke out anew, Obama reversed course and denounced him strongly.

Clinton struggled with self-inflicted wounds. Most prominently, she claimed to have come under sniper fire as first lady more than a decade earlier while paying a visit to Bosnia.

Instead, videotapes showed her receiving a gift of flowers from a young girl who greeted her plane.

mel sinderman
06-03-2008, 09:04 PM
The main man did it ! Next move to a hero of the blue collar people as a vice pres. Then beat the crumpy little old man from Az. ms:D :smoke :D

mel sinderman
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah maybe Bill and Hillary can stop asking Barrack if he wants to be their Vice Pres. Oh wait a minute, Obama just slammed their old fashioned " we used to be Pres'' attitudes. Oh well, that's water under the bridge now, if Obama chooses Hillary for the VP slot we could live together too. It's been a wild ride this year ! best-wishes, ms:D :smoke :D

belizean
06-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Barack Obama's triumph over Hillary Clinton triggered jubilation among his relatives in Kenya, hope among people around the world—and a few questions about he actually stands for.
Many expressed optimism Wednesday that a November victory by Obama—who has relatives in Africa and childhood friends in Asia—would mark a major shift from the deeply unpopular policies of the Bush administration.

In Kenya, home to Obama's family on his father's side, the Kenya Times newspaper devoted its front page to the story, under the headline "Obama makes history."

"I've just watched him on television, and as a family we are very happy. Really, it is something that is a trendsetter," the politician's uncle, Said Obama, told The Associated Press from the port city of Kisumu in western Kenya.

In Mexico City, hairdresser Susan Mendoza's eyes lit up when she learned Obama had clinched the nomination.

"Bush was for the elite. Obama is of the people," she said.

The excitement was less about Obama's foreign policy—which remains vague—than a sense that his victory marks a historic moment.

Michael Cox, a professor of international relations at the London School of Economics, said Obama's win "has sent out a lot of positive signals around the world."

"He has a very appealing persona—elegant, fluent, strings lots of sentences together into paragraphs," Cox said. "But in terms of (his) actual policies towards the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, China, Europe—actually, we don't know."

That uncertainty did little to dampen enthusiasm for Obama.

The German government's coordinator on U.S. relations, Karsten Voigt, said many Germans "find (Obama's) mixture of Martin Luther King and John F. Kennedy very attractive."

Jean-Marc Damier a 39-year-old man from the Paris suburbs who works in marketing, said Obama's relative lack of experience could be an asset.

"The candidate's freshness can only do good, because the way things have been done before created a mess," he said.

The Times of London, which proclaimed in a headline that "Obama waits on the threshold of history," said in an editorial that Obama's campaign "has rekindled America's faith in its prodigious powers of reinvention—and the world's admiration for America."

The respected Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad said Obama's nomination was "a historical event even if he does not become president in the end." It said Obama had overcome racism and "represents a new generation born after the baby boom."

France's Le Monde said Obama's grassroots campaign, which attracted thousands of young supporters, "demonstrated that American democracy is not doomed to being confiscated by a narrow political class, financed by lobbies and piloted by communication experts."

Obama opposed the invasion of Iraq and has called for an early troop withdrawal. He also has shown willingness to engage in dialogue with Iran, North Korea and Cuba—nations long isolated by the policies of Bush.

Jorge Serguera, a 70-year-old retiree in Havana, said he thought that, if elected, Obama would work to loosen Washington's nearly 50-year-old trade embargo against Cuba. Obama is "a thinking man of ethics and ideals," he said. "Bush's leaving will let Cuba rest a bit after eight years."

Ngo Van Hung, a Vietnamese real-estate salesman, said Obama "seems to be a peace lover. He would have a better understanding of how to treat people of different nationalities and different countries."

Many Asians welcomed the selection of a candidate perceived as more aware of the world outside U.S. borders than Bush. The son of a Kenyan father and a mother from the U.S. state of Kansas, Obama spent several years of his childhood in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Indonesians were rooting Wednesday for the man they consider to be a hometown hero. Obama lived in the predominantly Muslim nation from age 6 to 10 with his mother and Indonesian stepfather and was fondly remembered by former teachers and classmates.

"He was an average student, but very active," said Widianto Hendro Cahyono, 48, who was in the same third grade class as Obama at SDN Menteng elementary school in Jakarta. "He would play ball during recess until he was dripping with sweat.

"I never imagined he would become a great man."

A Chinese scholar said that while he did not expect major changes in U.S. foreign policy, an Obama White House would have a very different tone from a Bush one.

"He will bring new energy into America's domestic politics and foreign policies," said Zhu Feng, deputy director at the Center of International and Strategic Studies at Peking University in Beijing. "It's a good choice for the Democrats."

However, Obama has made himself unpopular in Pakistan by saying the United States should act alone on information about terrorist targets within the country's national borders, leading some to believe he will be worse for the country than Bush.

"Obama has threatened attacks against us even before becoming the president, and he will be more dangerous compared to Bush," said Ibrar Ahmad, 34, a lecturer at the Government College in Multan.

And in the Middle East, there was skepticism that an Obama presidency would change an American foreign policy viewed by most Muslims as staunchly pro-Israel.

Obama reinforced that view in a speech to Jewish leaders in Washington Wednesday, saying that "as president I will never compromise when it comes to Israel's security."

"The upcoming president, whether he is black or white, would have the same policy," said Tarek Abdullah, an Egyptian store vendor. "Their Middle East policy and their policies towards Muslims in general will always be the same."

Belizeans.com
06-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Clinton suspends her historic presidential

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton ended her historic campaign for the presidency on Saturday and told supporters to unite behind rival Barack Obama, closing out a race that was as grueling as it was groundbreaking.

The former first lady, who as recently as Tuesday declared herself the strongest candidate, gave Obama an unqualified endorsement and pivoted from her role as determined foe to absolute ally.

"The way to continue our fight now to accomplish the goals for which we stand is to take our energy, our passion, our energy and do all we can to help elect Barack Obama, the next president of the United States," she said in a speech before cheering supporters packed into the ornate National Building Museum, not far from the White House she longed to reign in.

"Today as I suspend my campaign, I congratulate him on the victory he has won and the extraordinary campaign he has won. I endorse him and throw my full support behind him and I ask of you to join me in working as hard for Barack Obama as you have for me," the New York senator said.

With that, Clinton placed herself solidly behind her Senate colleague from Illinois, a political sensation and the first black to secure a presidential nomination.

For Clinton and her supporters, it was a poignant moment, the end of an extraordinary run that began with an air of inevitability and certain victory. About 18 million people voted for her; it was the closest a woman has come to capturing a nomination.

Joining her on stage were her husband, the former president, and their daughter, Chelsea, before she took their leave as she addressed the crowd.

Obama secured the 2,118 delegates needed to clinch the nomination Tuesday after primaries in South Dakota and Montana. He planned to spend the weekend at home in Chicago.

Clinton supporters began lining up at dawn to attend the farewell address. A smattering of Obama backers showed up as well, saying they did so as a gesture of party unity.

Dr Buzzard
06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Hillary a slime piss

Mosquitorose
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
ah wonda who would want yu fe his byach? :puke :puke :puke

Mosquitorose
06-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Your name is Bubu....fkugly bubu....now remember it...hahahahhahah

Mosquitorose
06-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I thought you were leaving bubu...haul!!

Mosquitorose
06-07-2008, 09:21 PM
arggggggggggggggg:puke :puke :puke