PDA

View Full Version : Wise Words from Jay Leno



madarass
02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I didn't realize how wise Jay Leno could be. Are his writers back? Just putting things back into perspective:

Jay Leno wrote this; it's the Jay Leno we don't often see....

'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true, given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed, and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence, 2/3 's of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ' ' What are we so unhappy about? ' ' Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter? Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?

Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

Maybe it is the ability to drive from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state?

Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough.

Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and Provide services to help all, and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family and your belongings.

Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes , an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss.

This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90 percent of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67 percent of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have , and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the President who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The President who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same President who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The President that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks?

The Commander-In Chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me? Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad?

Think about it...are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the ' Media ' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go.

They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ' ' general ' ' discharge, an ' ' other than honorable ' ' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ' ' dishonorable ' ' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans? Say what you want, but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds, it leads; and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells , and when criticized, try to defend their actions by ' justifying ' them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about ' how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way ' ...Insane!

Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek , and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad.

We are among the most blessed people on Earth, and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, ' Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance? '

Jay Leno
2007

belizisimo
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
that's so simplistic and idiotic.
should people just be satisfied with how their country is? should people give up trying to improve the lives of millions who live in poverty in one of the richest countries in the world?
should they just sit and get fat on the couch content with everything?

no. they dont have to.

i doubt this is actually Leno. Sounds more like Limbaugh.

if he wants to be satisfied, that's cool. get out of the way. others dont have to be.

ro2dawn
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Jay Leno? Spoken like the true Republican sympatizer that he is.

zpania
02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by madarass
I didn't realize how wise Jay Leno could be. Are his writers back? Just putting things back into perspective:

Jay Leno wrote this; it's the Jay Leno we don't often see....

'The other day I was reading Newsweek magazine and came across some poll data I found rather hard to believe. It must be true, given the source, right?

The Newsweek poll alleges that 67 percent of Americans are unhappy with the direction the country is headed, and 69 percent of the country is unhappy with the performance of the President. In essence, 2/3 's of the citizenry just ain't happy and want a change.

So being the knuckle dragger I am, I started thinking, ' ' What are we so unhappy about? ' ' Is it that we have electricity and running water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Is our unhappiness the result of having air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter? Could it be that 95.4 percent of these unhappy folks have a job?

Maybe it is the ability to walk into a grocery store at any time, and see more food in moments than Darfur has seen in the last year?

Maybe it is the ability to drive from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean without having to present identification papers as we move through each state?

Or possibly the hundreds of clean and safe motels we would find along the way that can provide temporary shelter?

I guess having thousands of restaurants with varying cuisine from around the world is just not good enough.

Or could it be that when we wreck our car, emergency workers show up and Provide services to help all, and even send a helicopter to take you to the hospital.

Perhaps you are one of the 70 percent of Americans who own a home. You may be upset with knowing that in the unfortunate case of a fire, a group of trained firefighters will appear in moments and use top notch equipment to extinguish the flames thus saving you, your family and your belongings.

Or if, while at home watching one of your many flat screen TVs, a burglar or prowler intrudes , an officer equipped with a gun and a bullet-proof vest will come to defend you and your family against attack or loss.

This all in the backdrop of a neighborhood free of bombs or militias raping and pillaging the residents. Neighborhoods where 90 percent of teenagers own cell phones and computers.

How about the complete religious, social and political freedoms we enjoy that are the envy of everyone in the world?

Maybe that is what has 67 percent of you folks unhappy.

Fact is, we are the largest group of ungrateful, spoiled brats the world has ever seen. No wonder the world loves the U.S. , yet has a great disdain for its citizens. They see us for what we are. The most blessed people in the world who do nothing but complain about what we don't have , and what we hate about the country instead of thanking the good Lord we live here.

I know, I know. What about the President who took us into war and has no plan to get us out? The President who has a measly 31 percent approval rating? Is this the same President who guided the nation in the dark days after 9/11? The President that cut taxes to bring an economy out of recession? Could this be the same guy who has been called every name in the book for succeeding in keeping all the spoiled ungrateful brats safe from terrorist attacks?

The Commander-In Chief of an all-volunteer army that is out there defending you and me? Did you hear how bad the President is on the news or talk show? Did this news affect you so much, make you so unhappy you couldn't take a look around for yourself and see all the good things and be glad?

Think about it...are you upset at the President because he actually caused you personal pain OR is it because the ' Media ' told you he was failing to kiss your sorry ungrateful behind every day.

Make no mistake about it. The troops in Iraq and Afghanistan have volunteered to serve, and in many cases may have died for your freedom. There is currently no draft in this country. They didn't have to go.

They are able to refuse to go and end up with either a ' ' general ' ' discharge, an ' ' other than honorable ' ' discharge or, worst case scenario, a ' ' dishonorable ' ' discharge after a few days in the brig.

So why then the flat-out discontentment in the minds of 69 percent of Americans? Say what you want, but I blame it on the media. If it bleeds, it leads; and they specialize in bad news. Everybody will watch a car crash with blood and guts. How many will watch kids selling lemonade at the corner? The media knows this and media outlets are for-profit corporations. They offer what sells , and when criticized, try to defend their actions by ' justifying ' them in one way or another. Just ask why they tried to allow a murderer like O.J. Simpson to write a book about ' how he didn't kill his wife, but if he did he would have done it this way ' ...Insane!

Stop buying the negativism you are fed everyday by the media. Shut off the TV, burn Newsweek , and use the New York Times for the bottom of your bird cage. Then start being grateful for all we have as a country. There is exponentially more good than bad.

We are among the most blessed people on Earth, and should thank God several times a day, or at least be thankful and appreciative.

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, ' Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance? '

Jay Leno
2007






:thinking Someone has been reading my blogs. :smoke

belizean
02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
He's basically saying, thank god you're an American, instead of an African living in some god-forsaken poverty-stricken, conflict-driven country. The analogy is simplistic; when all people are striving for in America is a more perfect union. 45 million without health insurance, high per capita death of young children, jobs heading to foreign countries, as the rich get richer and the poor poorer. But Jay don't have to worry, he's living large with many Rolls to drive past the poor.

zpania
02-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by belizean
He's basically saying, thank god you're an American, instead of an African living in some god-forsaken poverty-stricken, conflict-driven country. The analogy is simplistic; when all people are striving for in America is a more perfect union. 45 million without health insurance, high per capita death of young children, jobs heading to foreign countries, as the rich get richer and the poor poorer. But Jay don't have to worry, he's living large with many Rolls to drive past the poor.



Some people see the glass as half empty while others see it as half full.



It's like someone slamming into your Benz while you're siting in it waiting on the red light. You walk away with only minor cuts. You can get yourself fixed on the loss of the car and the fault of the other driver,or you can thank God you are still alive.




Some people are never satisfied until tragedy hits home. Only then the important things in life comes into full view. :peace Just my 2 cents.

Mosquitorose
02-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Mi tenk god everyday mi live in America oh.....

zpania
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Mosquitorose
Mi tenk god everyday mi live in America oh.....



Tell 'em Rosy! :beerchug



I'm just praying that the next president isn't a wimp. It's not easy living on the Eastcoast . :rolleyes:

belizean
02-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Mosquitorose
Mi tenk god everyday mi live in America oh.....

And who doesn't? Democrats?

Mosquitorose
02-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by belizean
And who doesn't? Democrats?

Rass, you better go change dah small draze yer? Mi nuh care who nuh grateful.....ah just know dat me and most people are oh....and we are a spoiled nation...pampered and fat and getting sick and weak....cho

belizean
02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I wear beggy underwear, oh! :smoke

cookiegirl
02-16-2008, 10:15 AM
:D okkkkkk then


God Bless America!! :usflag

mahogany sister
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree that that does not sound like Jay Leno...I listen to him all the time and he is the media and uses the president as one of his favourite subjects of comedy...it contradicts who he is.......! Sound like some Bush lover if ask me....some republican who hates the idea that people want change and Barrack might be the change...God forbid huh!!!

Mosquitorose
02-17-2008, 09:24 PM
I hear about change all the time....sometimes change can be worst...what is the change they are talking about with Obama....what change will he bring and while we are on the subject...what is the change hilary will bring?

mahogany sister
02-18-2008, 09:18 AM
change from a war mentality to a one of peace! change from jobs being shipped overseas, change from a corporate driven economy to one where people matter, change from high freaking gas prices, when the companies report unheard of billions of dollars in profit and I believe change from high cost of medical and education cost when other first world countries offer universal health care and education and their system are now ranking much much higher in the US ...to name a few change that is.....I can go on

rockview
02-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Thank God for Capitalism and the free market economy. Thank God for the U.S in showing us the way. It is because of the U.S that the entire World is enjoying an unprescedented economic prosperity and Democratic freedom.

Cedar Brother

Mosquitorose
02-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by mahogany sister
change from a war mentality to a one of peace! change from jobs being shipped overseas, change from a corporate driven economy to one where people matter, change from high freaking gas prices, when the companies report unheard of billions of dollars in profit and I believe change from high cost of medical and education cost when other first world countries offer universal health care and education and their system are now ranking much much higher in the US ...to name a few change that is.....I can go on

Ok, let me comment on some of thos changes gial and of course it is only my opinion....I would like to hear some more though.

On the war mentality...I look at it this way. We haven't had one attack since 9/11. The men fighting this war, enlisted and volunteered, they are not drafted. They must know what they are fighting for. Peace is a wish most people have but that will never happen. There will always be a greedy dick like the one who's name I can't or don't care to spell, in Iran. Many of his kind have come and gone and all were disposed of by war. War can't be helped sometimes. Some people or nations don't undersand or want to understand the spoken word, all they want is violence.

I totally agree about shipping all our jobs overseas and I do my small part of not buying, I buy American and only about 1% of the other. I feel that some of it is ok for the ecomony by so much. We the people control that, don't buy! When you go to Walmart, there they are buying the crap because it's cheap, ask Surfa, he dah di worst one....so who;s fault is that....chiney man will kill us yet.

About where people matter? No one can control that except us, we have to make ourselves matter and a lot of us do just that because we get involved and we care.

As for the universal health care.,...there are many of us who don't want that. I am one. As I keep saying it's not free...take England for instance...they are taxed on breathing lol....so it's not free and the care is not like ours eighter. I would sure as hell wouldn't want to wait 3 to six months for an operation..I talk to my sister, I know.

As for the gas prices, sure I ***** about it...but I will gladly pay it. consider the price in Belize or other countries ...we are still the cheapest ones.

This was good MG and of course only my opinion....

mahogany sister
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rockview
Thank God for Capitalism and the free market economy. Thank God for the U.S in showing us the way. It is because of the U.S that the entire World is enjoying an unprescedented economic prosperity and Democratic freedom.

Cedar Brother

Do you know the US Democracy and Constitution is based off the Magna Carta? Do you think that other European countries/Canada are not enjoying democracy....do you think their democracy is based off the US.....?

mahogany sister
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Mosquitorose
Ok, let me comment on some of thos changes gial and of course it is only my opinion....I would like to hear some more though.

On the war mentality...I look at it this way. We haven't had one attack since 9/11. The men fighting this war, enlisted and volunteered, they are not drafted. They must know what they are fighting for. Peace is a wish most people have but that will never happen. There will always be a greedy dick like the one who's name I can't or don't care to spell, in Iran. Many of his kind have come and gone and all were disposed of by war. War can't be helped sometimes. Some people or nations don't undersand or want to understand the spoken word, all they want is violence.

I totally agree about shipping all our jobs overseas and I do my small part of not buying, I buy American and only about 1% of the other. I feel that some of it is ok for the ecomony by so much. We the people control that, don't buy! When you go to Walmart, there they are buying the crap because it's cheap, ask Surfa, he dah di worst one....so who;s fault is that....chiney man will kill us yet.

About where people matter? No one can control that except us, we have to make ourselves matter and a lot of us do just that because we get involved and we care.

As for the universal health care.,...there are many of us who don't want that. I am one. As I keep saying it's not free...take England for instance...they are taxed on breathing lol....so it's not free and the care is not like ours eighter. I would sure as hell wouldn't want to wait 3 to six months for an operation..I talk to my sister, I know.

As for the gas prices, sure I ***** about it...but I will gladly pay it. consider the price in Belize or other countries ...we are still the cheapest ones.

This was good MG and of course only my opinion....


I totally disagree.....you need to take a look at Sicko...and it will open up your eyes with the healthcare system in American....ranked one of the worst in the first World...and that is without universal health...**** I am being taxed anyway, I would prefer it goes to my health than war....and additionally how come the rest of the first world isnt engage in war all the time...think about it!

rockview
02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
US Capitalism is transceding...ubiquitous. The economies of Canada and the European Union are market driven by the U.S Economy. Belize is a mere satellite in the scheme of things, where the U.S is the central focus of economic growth. Without Belize, Canada and the EU, the U.S Economy would collapse.

Mosquitorose, I agree with you that war is sometimes inevitable. The U.S should take the Obama stance, to have peace with all neighbours.

There is one thing that I ask from the U.S. While we admire your capitalism, please do not arm Guatemala as you continue arming Belize. What the U.S should be doing is building bridges between Belize and Guatemala.

Nice article from 'Jay Leno'. I doubt that the article came from him.

belizean
02-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Re: When you go to Walmart, there they are buying the crap because it's cheap, ask Surfa, he dah di worst one....

How me get eena this? :rolleyes:

Mosquitorose
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by belizean
Re: When you go to Walmart, there they are buying the crap because it's cheap, ask Surfa, he dah di worst one....

How me get eena this? :rolleyes:

Because! hahahahahah

ro2dawn
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by belizean
Re: When you go to Walmart, there they are buying the crap because it's cheap, ask Surfa, he dah di worst one....

How me get eena this? :rolleyes:

Surfa, when you sling crap, eventually crap comes around.:raspberry